Avanti seats in a 63 champ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti seats in a 63 champ?

I'm 6'3" my champ needs a complete new seat. I'm wondering if a back seat of an avanti will fit properly and maybe give me a few extra inches of leg room. Possible go with front buckets also any thoughts? Anyone have seats for sale?
    John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

I think with Avanti Seats in a Champ, even at 6' 3", you will be lucky if you can see over the Dash!

I would cut an Inch or so off of the Lark or Champ Seat, mounting legs in the middle, and weld the Bottom back on, to lower it.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I could build taller brackets I'm sure. Mainly trying to gain some room from front to back.
      John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

There are on "brackets" for an Avanti rear seat. The cushions sit directly on the fiberglass shell.
        sals54

Comment

Ok I was thinking of avanti bucket front seats originally. The back seat was just a a thought to try to keep the bench seat look.
          John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

I would look for a seat(s) with a thinner back, like in an import pickup. Headrests are preferable too because you are right up against the back of the cab.
            AL SORAN RACING

Comment

Just change the cab out for a 2dr hdtp or sedan and cut the back off just behind rear side window .. Shorten the box a little and then you have a lots of space for your seating choice .. lol easy right?
              Love my Lark

Comment

Working...
              X