59 Lark Station Wagon drivers side molding and Clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59 Lark Station Wagon drivers side molding and Clips

I am assembling my 59 two door wagon(only made the 2 door in 59) which has been apart for 19 years and I am missing some parts. Can someone help me on these two items. #1332171 and #1332191 which is driver side molding pieces after the door to the rear of the car. Also I am worried about corrosion of the clips #801884 kit is there an after market stainless replacement? Everyone of my original clips is rusted and useless.

Secondly trying to identify the part number for the clips on the 59 wagon that hold the jagged pieces that hold the headliner in place???????????
    Regards,
    Mark

Mark, in the 801884 Moulding Clip Kit, you get (7) 1332472 and (52) 1332473 Original, painted NOS Clips, if you want Gold Plated that will cost you!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 10-27-2016, 07:58 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If your worried about the clips rusting you can always dip them in POR15 by a wire with the molding side down. Wear gloves if you do. That stuff doesn't wash off with lacquer thinner & cover the floor with cardboard underneath.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

007 -

Naaa...or my 60, 2dr. wagon is from another planet. I believe there were a few 61's also. Yes, the 59 and 60 side panel trim is slightly different if that could be what you are referring to...
        That's along side the 54 and 55, then into a couple other years I believe.

Mike

Comment

If using NOS, make sure you are not installing over 3-4-5 coats of paint. They will not stay inserted through the thick paint...

Comment

Heh lucky me I was able to pick up today the driver side molding. Okay so I will order the clip kit from S.I. and paint the clips.
            Still trying to find out a part number for the clips that hold the headliner jagged pieces inside.
            Regards,

Comment

According to the factory parts catalog you might be looking for clip #1332437. Good luck...
              JSC

Comment

Hey there 007. I would like you to post the Vin# and any other pertinent information for the '59 Lark registry I'm compiling.
                Thanks in advance,
                Bill (Also in BC!)

Comment

Are they not the same clip as the 60 molding used ?
                  sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Heh Buzzard the VIN number on my 1959 wagon is 59SC-5343.
                    Regards,
                    Mark

Comment

Far clarification, the 1959 Lark 2 door wagon was the only year available as a Regal and as a Deluxe; in the later years, available as a Deluxe only.

Comment

Just a note the new repop clips are not exactly like the originals-so modify I guess thanks.
                        Regards,

Comment

Working...
                        X