OEM Keychains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM Keychains

Most likely one of the many car related aftermarket key items that were sold in the 1950's and 1960's at locksmith and key shops.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Most likely one of the many car related aftermarket key items that were sold in the 1950's and 1960's at locksmith and key shops.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich

Comment

OEM Keychains

I went to the Studebaker National Museum a few weeks ago and they had original keychains that someone in South Bend found in an old factory. Has anyone seen these type before. They look like a closed thin chain link with a spring inside to slide the lever back for your keys and they also have Studebaker printed on them.

Comment

A lot of Stude dealers used this tube style of key holder throughout the 1950s. My parents and my Dad's parents bought most of the family Studebakers from Kincaid-Webber in Kansas City. Kincaid retired and it later became Webber Ford, which may explain why this had those keys with it.

Dwain G.

Comment

A lot of Stude dealers used this tube style of key holder throughout the 1950s. My parents and my Dad's parents bought most of the family Studebakers from Kincaid-Webber in Kansas City. Kincaid retired and it later became Webber Ford, which may explain why this had those keys with it.

Dwain G.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bkz81

I went to the Studebaker National Museum a few weeks ago and they had original keychains that someone in South Bend found in an old factory. Has anyone seen these type before. They look like a closed thin chain link with a spring inside to slide the lever back for your keys and they also have Studebaker printed on them.
            Can someone post a picture of the keychain that SNM is selling?

Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC

Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html
            Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bkz81

Can someone post a picture of the keychain that SNM is selling?

Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC

Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Here's a picture of a leather key holder. It's embossed on one side with Mercedes Benz and on the other with McClelland Motor Co. 40 E. Wylie Ave. Washington, Pa. Studebaker-Lark.
                Along with it is my original Rockne key, a fairly rare item.
                I also have a light blue leather holder from Indiana Sales & Service with the flying Lark image.

Brad Johnson
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Here's a picture of a leather key holder. It's embossed on one side with Mercedes Benz and on the other with McClelland Motor Co. 40 E. Wylie Ave. Washington, Pa. Studebaker-Lark.
                  Along with it is my original Rockne key, a fairly rare item.
                  I also have a light blue leather holder from Indiana Sales & Service with the flying Lark image.

Brad Johnson
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

As far as I can tell the chain link key holder is not being advertised anywhere. One would have to call the museum gift shop and ask about them.

Dwain G.

Comment

As far as I can tell the chain link key holder is not being advertised anywhere. One would have to call the museum gift shop and ask about them.

Dwain G.

Comment

This one claims to be original, not repro.
                        Currently $18. Auction ends at 7:17 AM PST Friday, Jan 4.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VINTA...spagenameZWDVW

Or is this the one you're looking for from Ed Reynolds?

Brad Johnson
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

Currently $18. Auction ends at 7:17 AM PST Friday, Jan 4.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VINTA...spagenameZWDVW

Or is this the one you're looking for from Ed Reynolds?

Brad Johnson
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

It does look like an original 1952 Champion original AFTERMARKET key fob, not original Studebaker since there were none!

It is in good shape for 55 years!

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

StudeRich
                            Studebakers Northwest
                            Ferndale, WA
                            StudeRich

Comment

It does look like an original 1952 Champion original AFTERMARKET key fob, not original Studebaker since there were none!

It is in good shape for 55 years!

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

StudeRich
                              Studebakers Northwest
                              Ferndale, WA
                              StudeRich

Comment

Working...
                              X