No announcement yet.

Are Prices Rising?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CASO . . . cheap ass Studebaker owners. -- Seriously.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by j.byrd View Post
      Commander Eddie, a few years ago some of us would not have considered paying prices for "just an old car" that we do now. In our case, we had been watching for a 53 to 55 coupe we would enjoy for years, but the right one just never came up at the right time. Now that we live over here in Hawaii, taking everything into consideration like ability, space, time, and just being tired of thrashing for years to build or fix up something like we have done for years, the prices these cars bring these days actually seem like a deal. We got it off the boat, turned the key, drove it about 90 miles to the house, and have driven it anytime we wanted to since. I know everyone can't afford a car that they can just get in and drive off, that's the way we have been for years too....but....some folks just get finished with always fixing, always having less than they want, and never just enjoying a car, so some of us folks that have scraped together the resources, just finally, after all these years, just do it and pay the price to get what they have wanted. I really think more folks are doing this than in the past, so this naturally ramps up the old supply and demand thing. And besides, those darn fancy auctions and concours type shows that have started featuring some of our "growing up" cars are shown to everyone now, and a lot more people are seeing how pretty some of our old cars are now, so the "want" factor is increased, ha !
      This car a 55 president coupe that John bought is one of the last 9 cars we have sold out of the San Francisco collection, all nice and all at a good price to the new owners, all well under what it would to put any of these together in these condition, If one has the money to pay the price of a good one it is cheaper in the long run and you can drive and enjoy it right away. The last one we still have is the very nice 49 "C" cab truck with the Ford 390 V-8 engine and all bells one might put on a truck this nice all except A/C it is on E-bay right now for $16,500 and you could not build one like it for $40,000 this one started out with a perfect body.
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

ARRGH ! Ebay is getting worse.
        I plugged in "1949 Studebaker Pickup Truck" and got everything from 4 speed shift knobs, taillight brackets for Model A's, to 53 GMC pickups, but no 49 Studebaker .
        Could someone put up the the correct connection.
        South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

OK Prez go to eBay Motors select Studebaker select Cars & Trucks. Then all the Studebakers on eBay should show up.

Comment

Try this, PREZ.
            http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...er&_sacat=6001
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Buying a car such as the '55 President four door which Commander Eddie talks about in post #1 for $21,000 is one thing, but getting many insurance companies to value it for the same $21,000 is not guaranteed. It's my experience getting a policy written for $21,000 agreed value so that in case of a serious accident the insurance company doesn't scrap my Studebaker is either not available or may cost me some serious annual premiums. Does anybody else have this concern?
              Last edited by BigBillyHawk; 10-24-2016, 11:35 AM. Reason: spelliing

Comment

Bob (candbstudebakers) is right about the condition and price of our car we got from him, we love it !...the only trouble is, I wanted the truck he describes too, ha ! Thanks Bob !

Comment

just went to the eBay Stude eBay listings......funny !

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                    This is a nice looking pickup. It is listed as a "Crew Cab Pickup". To me, a crew cab pickup is a four door with two bench seats.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

My take on this is, I think the Pricey finished originals and Modded Street Rod C & K's, sporty Models, etc. call them "Expensive Cars" or "the most desirable", ARE going UP, way up.

But the needing everything, "Barn Finds" and average "Daily Drivers" looking OK, but needing many expensive Mechanical repairs are going down.

I think most of us can agree that the environmental (EPA) issues with Paint and Body Work, the high cost of Labor for upholstery and Paint and sometimes Mechanical, if you can't do that yourself, not to mention a slight increase in Parts Prices partly due to most of our Metals and raw materials going to China, are ALL increasing the cost of repair and restoration.

This means if you get in cheap for the Car, you WILL Pay big time for all the above, so the "Cheap Cars" HAVE to be cheap, and the "Pricey Cars" are worth much More.

This also means, if you are not current with actual selling prices, and you Pay Too much, when you discover the costs you're facing, you will sell it at a loss or park it, and give up on it.
                      Last edited by StudeRich; 10-24-2016, 02:01 PM.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                      X