Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tstclr
    replied
    That trans will bolt to the bellhousing. I'll throw in the bellhousing to the buyer. That way there will be no worries as to what it will fit.
    Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Leave a comment:

• tstclr
    replied
    That trans will bolt to the bellhousing. I'll throw in the bellhousing to the buyer. That way there will be no worries as to what it will fit.
    Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Todd,
    What Rich was getting at is will 'that' transmission bolt to 'that' bellhousing? The mount ears are different on early models, so mixing and matching won't work.
    Not trying to waste your time, just clarify to prevent future headaches for both buyer and seller.
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by tstclr

Sorry Rich. I always like to get more than one opinion. It's in my nature. So... what's a zero mile rebuilt T-10 worth?? Call a trans shop first for a rebuild quote before chiming in though-that is if you have a correct T10 to rebuild in the first place. I believe the Stude trans input shafts differ from the Ford and Chevy T-10's. So...um....er...make an offer if you feel my price is too high.
    Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Todd,
    What Rich was getting at is will 'that' transmission bolt to 'that' bellhousing? The mount ears are different on early models, so mixing and matching won't work.
    Not trying to waste your time, just clarify to prevent future headaches for both buyer and seller.
    Jeff[8D]

Sorry Rich. I always like to get more than one opinion. It's in my nature. So... what's a zero mile rebuilt T-10 worth?? Call a trans shop first for a rebuild quote before chiming in though-that is if you have a correct T10 to rebuild in the first place. I believe the Stude trans input shafts differ from the Ford and Chevy T-10's. So...um....er...make an offer if you feel my price is too high.
    Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Leave a comment:

• tstclr
    replied
    Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Leave a comment:

• tstclr
    replied
    Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Leave a comment:

• Jessie J.
    replied

Well that would be consistent with the '61 tag. So, would this trans have only been offered in the 61 Hawk?
    Todd
    Originally, '61 and early '62 Hawk, [u]and</u> early '62 Lark.
    But with the parts you have, could also easily be installed into the '63 & '64 Larks, not original but as the only difference is the trans to bell bolt pattern, in an operating vehicle most owners would never notice the difference. (the hanging clutch pedal assy. shown however, will only fit the '61 -'66 Lark models, none of the Hawks)
    In summery then, the parts that are shown are all correct ones for an early '62 Lark, although some of them will also fit other applications.
    quote:Asking $975 for trans. Email about other parts.
    $975 for just the tranny?!![:0]
    ummmm.... 'er...well, Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Jessie J.
    replied

Well that would be consistent with the '61 tag. So, would this trans have only been offered in the 61 Hawk?
    Todd
    Originally, '61 and early '62 Hawk, [u]and</u> early '62 Lark.
    But with the parts you have, could also easily be installed into the '63 & '64 Larks, not original but as the only difference is the trans to bell bolt pattern, in an operating vehicle most owners would never notice the difference. (the hanging clutch pedal assy. shown however, will only fit the '61 -'66 Lark models, none of the Hawks)
    In summery then, the parts that are shown are all correct ones for an early '62 Lark, although some of them will also fit other applications.
    quote:Asking $975 for trans. Email about other parts.
    $975 for just the tranny?!![:0]
    ummmm.... 'er...well, Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Todd, did you read my post telling you exactly what it is? Or am I just waisting my time trying to help you?

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Todd, did you read my post telling you exactly what it is? Or am I just waisting my time trying to help you?

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    '61 and early '62, Todd.

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    '61 and early '62, Todd.

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Leave a comment:

• tstclr
    replied
    Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Leave a comment:

• tstclr
    replied
    Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    Anyone else have any way to determine for sure?
    Todd
    What Rich said. Chevy bolt pattern (and I believe that's what you have there) is an early trans.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X