I hate this getting old!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
    Can someone help me here? I'm not sure, but I have a bit of an inkling that there was a time, long distant, that I used to hang out here. But I'm not sure. I'm asking because I realized just this morning that I have a bunch of Studebakers and parts of Studebakers. That realization provoked me to Google the marque and see if I'd ever had anything to do with it - given the parts and cars I have layin' about. Anyone wanna help out?
    LOL!
    Yes Bob, you used to be here and you were NOT kicked out! Also, your Name is Bob Kabchef!

You and ANY knowledge you MAY happen to remember, also are very Welcome here.

As Warren was already told, it beats the heck out of the alternative!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Welcome back Bob.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

I notice that it takes twice as long to work on the cars because I can never find where I just placed that tool.
        Never raise your hands to your children, it leaves your groin unprotected.- Red Buttons

'63 Avanti R2
        '14 Boxster
        '64 GT Hawk R1 JT
        '37 Dictator Coupe
        '37 Dictator Coupe "slight custom"

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
          Can someone help me here? I'm not sure, but I have a bit of an inkling that there was a time, long distant, that I used to hang out here. But I'm not sure. I'm asking because I realized just this morning that I have a bunch of Studebakers and parts of Studebakers. That realization provoked me to Google the marque and see if I'd ever had anything to do with it - given the parts and cars I have layin' about. Anyone wanna help out?
          Yes Bob, you not only used to be on this SDC Forum, but also the old newsgroup. We have about an equal number of posts here.

You know that I was recently thinking about you when I forwarded a car and Visalia related article to you.

EDIT: 26 difference in our current post totals (0.1%)
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Did you ever wake up with a "new" pain and wonder... will this eventually go away, or is it a new tune that will be added to the symphony/cacophony that is my body?
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
            10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
            56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
            60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Yes Bob.
              The last time I visited you in Visalia , you were thinking about moving back east where you grew up (Michigan?).
              That was 20 years ago and you were collecting body tags from Studebakers that were scrapped and you had a wall full of them.
              Good to hear from you.
              Robert Kapteyn

Comment

I must have met Bob once in the 80's. I was at Pick-A-Part in Wilmington when I met a gentleman a few years older than I, taking the body tags off the few Studebakers there in the yard. I remember talking briefly with him sharing the love of the car, then going our separate ways but never forgot that day.
                59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                64 Zip Van
                66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
                X