Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colgate Studebaker
    replied
    Wow, it's been a long time since we've had any activity on this thread. This is just another sales pitch for the chance to get a meet T-shirt or two. If interested, go to the General Studebaker board and see the post about 2020 meet T-shirts. All the info is there. This will probably be our last post with 2020 meet info so thank you to all that wished to attend and it is all of ours disappointment, but who knows what the future holds for another go at it. On behalf of all of us that had a hand in trying to make this event happen,thanks again to all for your support. Bill

Leave a comment:

• Colgate Studebaker
    replied
    The meets that I've attended almost always have people willing to jump in and help someone that has a mechanical issue. The idea of an actual mobile shop might be going a bit far, but there are always means to overcome mechanical issues at meets. Guy's like you are greatly appreciated and usually popular if for no other reason than they are really GOOD people! Thanks for your generosity, Bill.

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    When I go to Goldwing meets, in addition to vendors, there's always several mechanics providing vehicle maintenance. Some are even set up in rather elaborate, mobil maintenance shops. At SDC meets, I usually lend a hand to anyone in need, but it's more an urgent than planned basis. I sometimes see folks on here looking for help with various tasks, but distance is usually a factor. So I just wonder if offering on site maintenance services at SDC meets would generate any interest. Biggest problem I see, a person could wind up so busy there'd be no time to enjoy the meet. But there's pros and cons for everything.

Opinions? Ideas?

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    I lke flexibility, and don't really care which motel I stay in, as long as no bed bugs, secure parking, and reasonably close to the Meet. The only tour that interests me is the Meet parking lot, and swap meet area. I will probably register by May 31st, but if not, am willing to pay a late registration fee. ThoughI prefer flexibility, I understand the Meet planners need as much early registration as possible, for lots of good reasons. Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I hope to see y'all there

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard
    replied
    Thank you for your response Mark. However, after May 31st that still gives 65 days for things to go for a dump and at our age, anything (from health to just logistics) is possible for change. It appears to be a $500.00 CAD gamble we are not prepared to take. This is most disappointing. I hope the rest of you have the fun and enjoyment we were anticipating.
    Cheers,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• wheelsm
    replied
    Hi Bill.

You only pay now for whatever you register. So, if you register now and include events and tours, your credit card will be charged the full amount. If you need to cancel, you can do so up through May 31, 2020. You will be issued a full refund, minus a $15.00 (USD) cancellation fee. After May 31, 2020, NO refunds will be issued. In my opinion, it is wise to register for everything early, including events and tours. By doing so, you have a very good chance of getting tickets for all the events and tours you desire. You just have to commit (decide) before June 1, 2020 if you are NOT going to attend. Some people choose to delay their registration because they aren't sure they are going to make it. In my opinion, this is unwise. Sure, you've paid nothing until you are SURE you are going to attend, but you will end up paying a higher registration fee, plus you are not guaranteed that events and tours will still be available. Most tours and events have capacity limits and once full, they are closed.

- Mark Wheeler, Cornerstone Registration, Ltd.

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard
    replied
    Thanks Mark,
    Just to be clear, as lots can happen between now and August, am I paying in full now? And if we are unable to attend, do we have any recourse (refund) or do we forfeit our pre-payment? I have been unable to ascertain our options as I stated there are lots of encumbrances in play due to our residence location(Canada), distance to be traveled (5000 miles+) etc.
    I guess the reason I am timing out is our hesitation to gamble on $500.00 cad.
    Thanks for your understanding.
    Cheers,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• wheelsm
    replied
    Bill - From the Internet logs, it appears your session is timing out. You must be stopping (or hesitating) on the payment page because no payment information was captured. To answer your question, the credit card is charged within three days of your registration. So if you register today, your card will be charged by this Friday. One other thing to note is that on the very first page of the registration where it is asks for "First Name", you are entering two names ("Bill & Sonja"). Just enter your name ("Bill") on this page. Additional attendees should be added on the next page ("Attendees")

Leave a comment:

• Colgate Studebaker
    replied
    Sorry I didn't catch your questions yesterday Bill. I don't really know the answers but I'll let Wayne and Mark know about your post and get you some answers soon. Bill

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard
    replied
    Hi Denny,
    Could you please confirm a couple of things regarding the registration?
    Firstly we are a long way away (5000 mile return trip) and there are several variables which may come into play forcing us to back out.
    We have the hotel booked, tentative airline confirmation and of course the rental drag race car.
    Upon trying to register for all the activities, I believe the total came to about $360 USD and requested a credit card payment. Is this processed immediately or closer to the actual event date?
    What if we have to cancel? Is this refundable? If not what are our options?
    Sorry to be a pain but for ourselves, costs with our lousy Canadian dollar exchange rate, is almost $500 CAD.

Also when attempting to register I keep getting "Error.

An error occurred while processing your request."

Am I doing something wrong or does the system simply not like Canadians?
    Perhaps due to my hesitation I am simply timed out.
    Looking forward to your responses so we can either cancel or proceed.
    Thanks,
    Bill
    PS: I don't recall having any of these issues for the Tacoma meet.

Leave a comment:

• studeguy54
    replied
    Glad to see the activity here on the meet. The Registration is up, NOW, for the meet at https://sdcmeet.cornerstonereg.com. I hope you all understand that SDC can no longer "guarantee" a block of rooms at a hotel or hotels. We STRONGLY suggest you reserve your room in the Hilton Garden Inn Hamilton Place or a nearby hotel. to be nearby the activities.

Please make sure to buy a buss pass for the week for $10, when you register, and please check to be sure you have your car registered in the correct class if it is being JUDGED . Your car will be judged in the class it is entered in.

Denny Foust
    studeguy54@gmail.com

SDC Meet Chair

Leave a comment:

• Colgate Studebaker
    replied
    As I read the judging info, yes you should be in Class 8, if you did not want your car judged you would be show only. Yes special interest is any unit other than a "normal" car. I believe you are correct on the point system. I've only had a few judged events, all but 1 used the 400 point system. Deductions were for incorrect items to that particular car, paint and fit,interior condition etc. etc. Hope this helps you a bit Tex. Bill

Leave a comment:

• Flashback
    replied
    Thanks, I am looking forward to it!! I hope I can meet a lot of yall !! I found and read the judging classes. So, I guess my modified 53 coupe (with Stude. power) would be in 8 ? Sound right ? No separation in driver and show ? What is special interest ? Wagons and such ? Is judging based on point deduction, starting a 400 ? What kinda things are deductions ? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Colgate Studebaker
    replied
    Glad your planning to come to the meet Tex! I'm looking forward to meeting you and the SNS!!!!! Any more questions, this is the place to ask them. Thanks, Bill.

Leave a comment:

• Flashback
    replied
    Got my rooms booked yesterday !!! Now, lose some weight, so I can walk good, save a few coins to spend, and , a lot of work to get "The Saturday Night Special" ready to drive !! Thank the LORD ! This might be just another international meet to a lot of you, BUT, this is "A once in a lifetime for me".
    Last edited by Flashback; 02-02-2020, 08:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X