Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Car Show

Hello,

I am planning on bringing the TROG racer up to Mansfield for the car show on Saturday. Is there a good place to park and unload it from the trailer? Hope to be moving under it's own power by then, but if not I will be using my Shoe-debakers to get it in place.

Thought it would be fun for some of the folks who have been such a big help to see the ol' "South Bend Shaker" in person, and looking forward to checking out some of the great rides here as well!

Thanks,
    Benny

[QUOTE=SouthBendShaker;1172109]Hello,

I am planning on bringing the TROG racer up to Mansfield for the car show on Saturday. Is there a good place to park and unload it from the trailer? Hope to be moving under it's own power by then, but if not I will be using my Shoe-debakers to get it in place.

Thought it would be fun for some of the folks who have been such a big help to see the ol' "South Bend Shaker" in person, and looking forward to checking out some of the great rides here as well!

Thanks,
    Benny[/QUOTE

Benny,
    You need to have the car registered by Friday September 13th before 5:00PM to have it displayed on the fairgrounds. There is NO registration on Saturday the 14th, the registration people will have left by then.
    We will have a place to display the car outside of the fairgrounds if you so desire.
    Dave Hamblin

Comment

Any chance you will get there by Friday evening? We may be leaving Saturday and I would really like to see the car.
      sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Unfortunately it now looks like the whole trip is off. A bum starter has now put us behind schedule and every available hour is going towards getting race ready. Disappointing for sure, but that's racin' i guess. Especially when dealing with 68 year old parts - old car problems!

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
        Any chance you will get there by Friday evening? We may be leaving Saturday and I would really like to see the car.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to seeing the car. I am bringing the t-shirt at least. Good luck fixing the beast.

Comment

I'm sorry too. I suppose the positive is it happened now and not on race day, right? Haha. Was looking forward to seeing your car as well. I am glad we will still be represented there though!

If you get an opportunity to drive down to Dayton, October 12th is the Saturday after we return and the date for the LoDown HoDown - our yearly season-ending party. It's a fun, free and well-attended event at a really cool venue. The car will be there, hopefully still covered in sand! Haha. Would love to have you!

I will post more details on it here soon. Everyone is invited!

Originally posted by nvonada View Post
            Sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to seeing the car. I am bringing the t-shirt at least. Good luck fixing the beast.

Comment

Working...
            X