This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application form for meet for national meet

When will they put out a PDF file for applying for the SB meet?

Steve

StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Gentlemen, I thank you for your continued patience. This is not your usual Convention. If you want it complete, up to date, with everything done, then give it a little more time. Dave, please email me privately with your questions. My email is rhenn15090@aol.com.

Comment

I do not think there are any "Questions" to be asked "Off the Record" by email, there is only the ONE everyone has been asking for weeks without a single answer:

WHERE is the "Application/Registration Form" that we must return by the deadline or Pay a Late Fee?
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I know that it takes a lot of work to put on an IM. I also realize this year's is going to be much different. My problem is that I am organizing a Caravan To South Bend and have been trying to get some of our members to commit to joining in. The problem is that in only 5 months until the IM in South Bend, rooms at the host hotel are about gone and we still do not have a lot of information about the meet, especially a registration form. Our members seem to be waiting until the registration form shows up before they make any commitments. The schedule for the meet itself seems to still be tentative thus not something a lot of folks want to base their attendance on. I do not think it is too much to ask for registration forms by this time. I am not trying to cause trouble here, but the lack of information and registration forms is making what I had envisioned as a fun trip for some of our chapter members a little doubtful. At this point things are looking disappointing.
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

ya know...

What's been interesting to me of late is that our SDC President seems to have more information about this event in his monthly TW column then the folks who are supposed to be running the show have on their website. This month he describes day two.
            And it all sounds like a lot of fun if you can afford it.

But you know-- even if I could foot the bill--
            I'd still have no way to register for all these 'great' events.....

StudeDave '57
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
              I know that it takes a lot of work to put on an IM. I also realize this year's is going to be much different. My problem is that I am organizing a Caravan To South Bend and have been trying to get some of our members to commit to joining in. The problem is that in only 5 months until the IM in South Bend, rooms at the host hotel are about gone and we still do not have a lot of information about the meet, especially a registration form. Our members seem to be waiting until the registration form shows up before they make any commitments. The schedule for the meet itself seems to still be tentative thus not something a lot of folks want to base their attendance on. I do not think it is too much to ask for registration forms by this time. I am not trying to cause trouble here, but the lack of information and registration forms is making what I had envisioned as a fun trip for some of our chapter members a little doubtful. At this point things are looking disappointing.

Joe,

I truly understand your frustration that a Registration Form is not present for you to make a reservation for the 2017 Meet.

As one who has planned and promoted (2) International Meets in 1980 (before PC's), and again in 2008 in Lancaster, it's hard to relate to anyone just the total commitment of time and effort required to plan an International Meet, and the total dedication to detail all of this requires. In speaking with Tom Curtis this morning, he related to me that he is waiting for signed contracts from two venues YET before finalizing the Registration Form. In addition to that form, numerous pages of detail that must accompany it are being worked on. A lot of that work is being done this day, but it is a total package that must be presented to our Editor, Ann Turner, for inclusion in Turning Wheels.

As SDC International Meet Chairman, I understand you expect a flawless meet, and we want to give you what you expect. This year's IS going to be much different, and in a ways that we hope will save you money and provide you with a meet that, while it is a few days shorter, will give you all the activities you like to see and participate in. Your hotel reservation can be made at the DoubleTree in South Bend, Indiana now, and I STRONGLY suggest you make your registration NOW, as registrations for room nights are going fast. South Bend is THE place to be May 3-6, 2017. Take a look at earlier postings to the Forum for a taste of the tentative schedule for the meet. What more do you need to make your decision to go or not?

Denny Foust
              SDC International Meet Chairman.

dfoust@sdckeystoneregion.com

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
                What's been interesting to me of late is that our SDC President seems to have more information about this event in his monthly TW column then the folks who are supposed to be running the show have on their website. This month he describes day two.
                And it all sounds like a lot of fun if you can afford it.

But you know-- even if I could foot the bill--
                I'd still have no way to register for all these 'great' events.....

StudeDave '57
                StudeDave

Please read the posting I put in here to JRoberts.

For a fact, I can tell you that the folks in South Bend are NOT setting on their hands waiting for this meet to happen. The "folks who are supposed to be running the show" are, indeed, running this show, with help from "Visit South Bend", the City of South Bend, the Studebaker National Museum, and countless others who are contributing their efforts to the meet.

"It all sounds like a lot of fun if you can afford it" is a comment that needs to be addressed. If you are a meet attendee who attends the International Meet every year, you CAN afford it, and, in fact, we want you to be able to afford it. It's four (4) days and not six (6), the expensive Awards Banquet so reviled my many attendees, is gone, and the "not so fun" Fun Night is history. In its place are affordable events that we hope will be an every-year event, ALL saving you money. Because we are saving you money this year, we hope you will share these thoughts with others and encourage them to attend the "premier" event that South Bend is. It only happens every 5 years.

Denny Foust
                SDC International Meet Chairman
                dfoust@sdckeystoneregion.com

Comment

PATIENCE FOLKS ! It will get worked out. I have my hotel reservations and am as curious as the rest of you what that weekend will bring. For those that are "tentative" remember you can make your hotel reservations now .. AND when the schedule DOES come out & it isn't to your liking... you can cancel that room.
                  Also if the meet isn't to your liking... I am sure that Denny & the entire meet committee would welcome you to host a future meet to your liking.

Comment

As Deaf Mute says, one with patience wins this battle. Who knows it may appear on line this week and even be in the December issue of Turning Wheels.
                    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Want to register for the 2017 International meet in South Bend? Well go to the International meet site on the SDC Site and now download the meet registration form and mail it in. It is now available. For those of us who want to register on line, it will be a few more days and then we can. Who will be the first to register?

Comment

Thanks Don Avanti for the FYI. I'm sure this will make peace with those earlier threads

Hope to see you in the future.
                        Steve Avanti/Commander
                        Last edited by Steve-o-Reno; 11-18-2016, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Here's the link to the PDF for Meet registration.

U've registered as of today.

Comment

I have printed off the meet registration PDF form, filled it out, and sent payment.

Question.
                            Swap meet vendor tables and outdoor swap meet space(s).
                            These do not appear on the registration form (except for a car corral space for cars/trucks that are for sale).

Who do I contact?
                            I want an indoor table (1) and an outdoor spot big enough for my vendor trailer.
                            (I have been to the fairgrounds before, so the layout is not unknown to me)

Thanks ahead of time.
                            Jeff
                            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Is the cutoff date for Concours & display vehicles really last June 29th (2016) as per the registration form pdf????????
                              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
                              X