This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are HERE

We made it to the hotel, were able to check in a bit early, many Studebakers and SDC members around. Got a few handshakes and hugs already.
    All is well with the world!

Maybe I'll have the opportunity to meet you when I show up Thursday. Enjoy each day!
    Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
    We made it to the hotel, were able to check in a bit early, many Studebakers and SDC members around. Got a few handshakes and hugs already.
    All is well with the world!
    "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

We're here as well. Comfort Inn room 244.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Got in at 6:30 PM. 1135 miles on my 62 GT Hawk
        1936 Dictator
        1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
        1953 Commander Regal HT
        1953 2R5 Pickup
        1947 M16 Truck
        1960 Lark VIII Convertible
        1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
        1962 Champ 7E5 no box
        1962 GT Hawk
        1963 Lark VI 4 dr
        1963 GT Hawk R2
        1964 Daytona Convertible
        1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

Here are a couple "teaser photos" taken yesterday afternoon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0518.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	1707492Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0520.jpg
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	1707493Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0522.jpg
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	1707494Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0524.jpg
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	1707495

Comment

Welcome to Rhode Island!

Comment

Duane ("Deaf Mute") was one of the early people that I "ran into" on Sunday.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The cars draw us in... but the friendly people keep bringing us back to these meets THe hotel food is overpriced (as usual) but the local tourist bureau has a representative by the registration desk that has recommended many places; we have eaten at two already
                We came... we saw... we ATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
                  The cars draw us in... but the friendly people keep bringing us back to these meets THe hotel food is overpriced (as usual) but the local tourist bureau has a representative by the registration desk that has recommended many places; we have eaten at two already
                  We came... we saw... we ATE!
                  We each ate an entree at the headquarters hotel dining room the last two evenings. The price was a little high, but the meals were excellent so I didn't mind what I paid. The service was lacking, but I can live with that.

For years now, I hardly look at the cars (haven't yet this week, but will on Thursday) but have done a lot of visiting with people from around the World.

Are you aware that there is a separate set-up for breakfast and lunch? It is just beyond the main entrance. I just found out about it yesterday. For breakfast today, we had eggs, potatoes and sausages for $5 per meal each.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I'm leaving for Warwick in an hour, meeting up with fellow Mohawk chapter member Bob Layman. We'll be driving our '54s out I90 to 146 and down, my K and his C body. It's raining here, so my black car will be a mess when I get there. Bobs silver car hides the water spots much better.
                    Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

I'm missing being there but that's that... There is always South Bend next year and perhaps a drive to RI after that such as I did in my old Champ back in 2002.

Have fun folks!

Comment

As I understand it, a few more than 100 vehicles judged, and a few less than 100 for display only. And another couple of dozen inexplicably parked in the general parking lot and not on the field. Weather has cooperated -- a few showers in the area on Wed, but none on the field itself. Concours day was about 80 degrees F and sunny. Vendors complaining about poor sales. Maybe we're all so old we're not starting any new restoration projects any more.
                        Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                          Vendors complaining about poor sales. Maybe we're all so old we're not starting any new restoration projects any more.
                          Perhaps...location? Hard for any Studebaker owners living much more than 100 miles "EAST" of the meet, to get there.
                          John Clary
                          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Drove up to The Diner in Pawtucket for French Toast this morning.... YUMMY and priced right. We checked the lighthouse in Jamestown after that & have started packing a bit. Banquet tonight (selected seafood & hope it won't be calamari like they had last night at the "Surf & Turf meal). I am glad we did not select that meal. I went north a couple miles and had Lobster Ravioli.... EXCELLENT CHOICE !

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                              Perhaps...location? Hard for any Studebaker owners living much more than 100 miles "EAST" of the meet, to get there.
                              Yes, of course. The meets near the middle of the country always draw the biggest crowds. But this meet was pretty well attended for one on a coast -- yet there still didn't seem to be many customers for the vendors. As I said, I suspect the number of people starting on the restoration of a Stude (and therefore needing a lot of parts) is in decline.
                              Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                              X