This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elections in St. Louis?

Is there anyone willing to report on the results of the officer elections in St. Louis?
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Tom Curtis was elected President, Don Cox elected VP. I haven't heard about any others.

I'm pretty happy to hear that Tom is President of the club again.

Comment

Sec and Tres. did not change.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

Tom Curtis was elected President
        That is AWESOME news! I like Tom's style. Thanks, Matthew.
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
          That is AWESOME news! I like Tom's style.
          Roger that, Chris. You'd like it even more if you had been there to hear him. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            Roger that, Chris. You'd like it even more if you had been there to hear him. BP
            I think everyone in SDC should take a moment and thank Carl Thomason and Mimi Halgren for ALL THEY HAVE DONE FOR SDC...As a club we would not be where we are today without their leadership...Tom Curtis and Don Cox are able replacements and both friends of mine..I know they will do a good job for the club,but Carl and Mimi are the rare people who came along at the right time with the cool leadership and great wisdom needed Carl and Mimi, I love ya both Todd L

Comment

Amen to that!

Comment

There was only one candidate for the President and Vice President positions. Mimi Halgren, past VP, will continue to do work for SDC behind the scenes, right now she is involved in collecting and tallying the vendor and member International Meet questionnaires. The final results of those should appear in the January issue I believe. Carl Thomason will continue on the board as Past President until such time as the next President is elected.

Frank van Doorn
                National Director
                Frank van Doorn
                Omaha, Ne.
                1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Originally posted by prescottstude View Post
                  I think everyone in SDC should take a moment and thank Carl Thomason and Mimi Halgren for ALL THEY HAVE DONE FOR SDC...As a club we would not be where we are today without their leadership...Tom Curtis and Don Cox are able replacements and both friends of mine..I know they will do a good job for the club,but Carl and Mimi are the rare people who came along at the right time with the cool leadership and great wisdom needed Carl and Mimi, I love ya both Todd L
                  I couldn't agree more. They were the stabilizing influences following the 2012 difficulties. I am proud to have worked with them for the past three years on the Bylaws Review Committee which has now helped bring stability to SDC. I am pleased with election of Tom and Don.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
                  X