Views:	2
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	1748373Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9023.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	1748374
    You still have a few days to get here!
    When you do, add photos so others will make plans for Warwick next year!

Glad you made it, sorry I will miss this year. Too much going on. Let me know how the exec meeting goes.

cliff t
    sigpic
    55 President Deluxe
    64 Commander
    66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Sorry, you have (in your absence) been appointed to every position available.
      Nothing really exciting happened minutes will be in TURNING WHEELS.
      General membership meeting is tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
        Sorry, you have (in your absence) been appointed to every position available.
        Nothing really exciting happened minutes will be in TURNING WHEELS.
        General membership meeting is tonight.
        You could have said who was elected president and and vice president and any other changes. I do happen to know.
        sigpic
        55 President Deluxe
        64 Commander
        66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Originally posted by 2moredoors View Post

You could have said who was elected president and and vice president and any other changes. I do happen to know.
          I'm curious about that as well. I read in Carl's last Presidents Message in TW that he wasn't running again. I have no idea who was planning to fill his shoes. Anyone care to say, or do we have to wait three months to read it in TW?

Comment

Tom Curtis-President. Don Cox-VP

Denny L

Comment

I just left the general membership meeting and was disappointed that Carl dimissed the meeting without giving the memebership an opertunity to bring up anything in an open discussion exept the few questions that were asked of Mimi and her part of the meeting.
              I know he said a couple of times he forgot things. Maybe this was one of those times.
              I would hope our new President Tom will not do the same next year.
              Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO

Comment

Originally posted by Green53 View Post
                Tom Curtis-President.
                Woohoo!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary1953 View Post
                  I just left the general membership meeting and was disappointed that Carl dimissed the meeting without giving the memebership an opertunity to bring up anything in an open discussion exept the few questions that were asked of Mimi and her part of the meeting.
                  I know he said a couple of times he forgot things. Maybe this was one of those times.
                  I would hope our new President Tom will not do the same next year.
                  Gary-
                  You raise an interesting point. The annual membership meeting is legally required by our bylaws, and (at least theoretically) is to be a forum for: (1) the board to report on the past year's developments to the membership, (2) members to formally submit requests to the board for action on some issue (though I don't think this has ever occurred), and (3) any other business deemed appropriate.

Yet lately, nearly all of the time has been spent on other matters, such as:
                  (1) Museum developments (always of great interest, but often rather lengthy); (2) Foundation developments; (3) Plans for future meets; (4) Announcements about the current meet, such as parking arrangements and the annual call for more judges.

Some agenda items, such as recruitment program developments and the adoption of new bylaws, are appropriate for an annual meeting -- though I suspect that many members are not greatly interested in them. But what seems to be getting lost lately is the opportunity for the exchange of views and questions between the board and the membership at large. Not sure whether this is good or bad, but that seems to be what is happening. Tuesday's meeting lasted 90 minutes, and people were already beginning to drift away. What should be an appropriate balance?
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                    Gary-
                    You raise an interesting point. The annual membership meeting is legally required by our bylaws, and (at least theoretically) is to be a forum for: (1) the board to report on the past year's developments to the membership, (2) members to formally submit requests to the board for action on some issue (though I don't think this has ever occurred), and (3) any other business deemed appropriate.

Yet lately, nearly all of the time has been spent on other matters, such as:
                    (1) Museum developments (always of great interest, but often rather lengthy); (2) Foundation developments; (3) Plans for future meets; (4) Announcements about the current meet, such as parking arrangements and the annual call for more judges.

Some agenda items, such as recruitment program developments and the adoption of new bylaws, are appropriate for an annual meeting -- though I suspect that many members are not greatly interested in them. But what seems to be getting lost lately is the opportunity for the exchange of views and questions between the board and the membership at large. Not sure whether this is good or bad, but that seems to be what is happening. Tuesday's meeting lasted 90 minutes, and people were already beginning to drift away. What should be an appropriate balance?
                    IMO, items like the Museum, Foundation, future conventions, etc. should be limited to ten to 15 minutes each. There should be a complete summary of Monday's Board Meeting followed by a period of responding to member items (including questions).
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      IMO, items like the Museum, Foundation, future conventions, etc. should be limited to ten to 15 minutes each. There should be a complete summary of Monday's Board Meeting followed by a period of responding to member items (including questions).
                      That sounds like a very good idea.
                      StudeDave '57
                      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                      SDC Member since 1985

past President
                      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                      San Diego Chapter SDC
                      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment