X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clonelark
    replied
    Isn't the 'sidestep the clutch' and hopefully nothing breaks routine getting kind of 'old'?

If it is, I got old along with it. BTDT

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    Isn't the 'sidestep the clutch' and hopefully nothing breaks routine getting kind of 'old'?

Leave a comment:

• Pat Dilling
    replied
    If anyone else is interested please chime in.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    See...... 'An IDLING CONTEST' under General Discussion.....It's A LOT easier on the equipment!

Leave a comment:

• skyway
    replied
    FYI, Its across the Mississippi River in Illinois, but not too bad a drive.

Leave a comment:

• unclemiltie
    replied
    Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
    It is my understanding that for liability and insurance reasons racing cannot be an official part of the event, not even listed on the agenda.
    Pat
    I was incorrect, you are correct, it cannot be an "official" event due to insurance issues etc.

Leave a comment:

• Pat Dilling
    replied
    Thanks for the reply Milt. It is my understanding that for liability and insurance reasons racing cannot be an official part of the event, not even listed on the agenda. But if a bunch of Studebaker owners decide to visit a local track on their own, well that's different. Following your link it appears that Gateway Motorsports Park has something they call "Wide Open Wednesdays" that might be a place to go. If other speed junkies are interested in meeting there I would be inclined to join them.

Pat

Leave a comment:

• unclemiltie
    replied
    I have not heard of anyone organizing such an event but I have heard Don and Lew wondering if there would be interest in such an event.

Take a look at http://www.gatewaymsp.com/

I looked and they have some events going on it appears during the meet. It is around 30 minutes from the meet hotel.

I am sure if someone wanted to organize such an event they would support it
    To be honest us in the chapter already have pretty full plates but would like to see such an event occur. It would be cool to see Ted Harbit, George Krem etc show St. Louis racers what a Studebaker can do
    Last edited by unclemiltie; 03-30-2015, 05:07 AM. Reason: correction

Leave a comment:

• Pat Dilling
    started a topic Acceleration Event?

Acceleration Event?

Do we know if anyone is organizing an unofficial trip to a facility where acceleration contests are held?

thanks

Pat
Working...
X