Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too bad about rejection of the 'Survivor Division'.....Like a 'Daily Driver' division,...It would have been extremely interesting! Some folks just can't accept change.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
      Too bad about rejection of the 'Survivor Division'.....Like a 'Daily Driver' division,...It would have been extremely interesting! Some folks just can't accept change.
      With all due respect, that comment is uncalled for. AFAIK, neither you nor I served on the committee that attempted to come up with implementation guidance for the proposed survivor division -- so neither of us have any right to attribute the reason for this failure to an inability to accept change. What I do know is that the meet committee and chief judge have spent a lot time trying to make it work -- and it wasn't an inability to accept change that was the problem. Some ideas, no matter how noble, are nightmares to implement in real life.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
        Would your point have been diminished by leaving off the last sentence?
        Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
        50 Champion 2 door*
        53 Commander K Auto*
        53 Commander K overdrive*
        55 President Speedster
        62 GT 4Speed*
        63 Avanti R1*
        64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Stewart View Post
          No Survivor Class? Well then I won't bring my 39 Commander this year. I do plan on going on the Glidden tour the AACA has. I did look forward in coming but now no use. I will make other plans.
          Take it anyway. Get in with the Antique Studebaker Club and take it on their driving tour at the national meet. You'll have a blast and your car will definitely be well received.

Comment

I think ASC has multiple tours going. Ford Stoecker is heading that up and he definitely knows about touring and will make them interesting and fun. Unfortunately my oldest car is a 47 and does not qualify for ASC. I went on a Model T tour with my cousin last year and am going on another tour with his 28 Chevy this year. Those tours are sure a blast.

I personally am disappointed that they are not having a survivor or driver class also.

They are implementing a big change this year with all judging being drive thru. This should make life easier for both the judges and the drivers.
            Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
            1961 Hawk 4-speed
            1967 Avanti
            1961 Lark 2 door
            1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Working...
            X