Announcement

Collapse

This channel is for questions about how to use the Forum.

Please do not post automotive questions here.

See more
See less

POOF! It's Gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POOF! It's Gone

I posted in the Engine Forum about a week ago asking if anyone had converted to a 12 volt Alternator charging system. After a few responses I realized that what I was doing probably hadn't been posted before and it would be HELPFUL to OTHERS if I were to give a step by step account of what I had learned and what I was doing - including specific parts and where to get them. That's why we are here right? At least I thought so.

I went to get on the post today and it was simply gone - no explanation, no note from the site gods - nothing! And frankly, I'm a bit annoyed - I put a lot of my time and effort into it to try to help others. I got no response from the administrators.

Anyone got any advice or can tell me where to find the site rules so I can review those again and try to figure if I've done something wrong that caused my post to get yanked?

Or are other people finding their posts gone today?

Thanks,
    Dan
    Last edited by Big Dan; 06-06-2022, 01:05 PM.

I just posted on my last 3 Threads last night and this morning. But when I try to go back to them, I get an error message, "Invalid Node is Specified".
    Why can't I access my recent Threads?
    1953 Chev. 210 Convertible, 261 6cyl w/Offy dual intake (But I always did love Studebakers!)
    1995 Dodge/Cummins Pickup, 250 HP, 620 Ft. Lbs. of Torque, ATS trans.
    Robert Rausch

Comment

Similar thing here. Just tried to find the 'Tech' post I made in the past seven days about Fuel, and it's gone.
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

Thanks Bill. So it's not just me.
        1953 Chev. 210 Convertible, 261 6cyl w/Offy dual intake (But I always did love Studebakers!)
        Robert Rausch

Comment

Hi all,

I'm looking into this. Please stand by.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Looks like we have had a database glitch overnight. It appears so far that only Tech Talk has been affected. More details as I uncover them.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Mmkay, so I have an answer but it's not a nice one. One of the server databases experienced a data loss overnight which resulted in some threads from Tech Talk **ONLY** being lost. At first examination it looks as if this only affects new threads started in the last 30 days.

I am talking to our server hosts to see if it's possible to restore the database from the last day's backup without losing what's been posted in the other boards since then. This is a slim chance because the databases are interlinked, but we're exploring it.

Comment

Thanks for the posts and the effort - this happens with the "machines." I'm just glad I didn't vehemently violate some rule someplace and it got yanked! Sometimes I think you guys would like to try me for heresy and burn me at the stake for putting a Champion Engine in a Boat anyway. LOL! I'll go dig my notes out of the trash and rebuild the post if necessary!

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. At least I know the problem is not from my lack of computer skills.
                  Robert Rausch

Comment

I'll keep y'all apprised... should have an answer by morning.

Comment

Sorry to say, friends, we cannot retrieve the missing posts. The databases are too big and too inextricably linked to make a selective restore without losing posts made since the error. My apologies for problems this causes; Big Dan , I'm glad you saved the info; I'm sorry to have to ask you to re-post it.

Comment

Se La Vi! I'm just glad this wasn't because of something I did to get the post deleted. Social media and forums sometimes tend to be like walking through a minefield anymore when it comes to "offending" or breaking standing rules. I'll rebuild it once I actually get the alternator later today and get it mounted.

Thanks for your efforts!

Comment

• showbizkid
                          showbizkid commented
                          Editing a comment
                          And thank you for your contribution!

No problem. Thanks for looking into it.
                        Robert Rausch

Comment

Working...
                        X