Announcement

Collapse

This channel is for questions about how to use the Forum.

Please do not post automotive questions here.

See more
See less

Deleting private messages

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting private messages

So I got an alert that my PM account was 90% full. I clicked a bunch of messages, and then "delete". The system confirmed that they were deleted -- but they're all still there. WTFO?
    Skip Lackie

Sometimes you have to get out of the messages, then go back in and they will be gone. Don't forget to go into your 'sent' folder and delete the messages in there that you don't want to keep. Then, go into your 'trash' folder and delete the messages there. Unfortunately, the messages in the 'sent' and 'trash' folders count towards your max number of allowed messages.

The message system is the part of this forum software that I don't like very much.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Thanks. I knew about the "sent" folder, but didn't realize that deleting them from there just sent them to my trash folder. Apparently once the trash folder fills up, then you can't delete anything from either the in or the sent folders. Anyway, buy deleting stuff from the trash folder (some of which was 6 or 8 years old), I opened up some space. A truly user-unfriendly system. Thanks for helping me out.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

You are welcome Skip.
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

There's actually a sticky message at the top of this channel that addresses this topic.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X