Announcement

Collapse

This channel is for questions about how to use the Forum.

Please do not post automotive questions here.

See more
See less

delete empty mail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delete empty mail?

I keep getting the warning i am running out of storage, so I try to delete some and it seems to not help at all. Can someone enlighten me on how to get rid of stuff please?
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

You have to delete the sent mail as well as the received.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
    10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
    56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
    60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

I assume you are talking about the PM mail. In addition to the above, don't forget to go to your 'trash' folder and delete the messages there also - because they count towards the max limit too.
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
        You have to delete the sent mail as well as the received.
        Do you mean if I don't it will not delete the incoming either?

Comment

If you do not delete the sent mail, that mail will still count towards filling up your allotted message space.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
          10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
          56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
          60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Thanks!............

Comment

You can send your received mail to trash; you can send your sent mail to trash; then they both are stored in trash, until you open the trash file and empty it as well.
              The part I find a bit unusual is, if you have communicated with someone, and they haven't deleted those communications on their end, those communications still remain as a restriction to your own total.

Before the tirade ensues, this is not a program created by our administrator, moderator or even web master. This is inherent in the vBulletin software that supports the forum.
              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10,
              '51 Commander Starlight,
              '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
              '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Thank you rockne10 , for the accurate information (and for the admonition at the end! )

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                  You can send your received mail to trash; you can send your sent mail to trash; then they both are stored in trash, until you open the trash file and empty it as well.
                  The part I find a bit unusual is, if you have communicated with someone, and they haven't deleted those communications on their end, those communications still remain as a restriction to your own total.

Before the tirade ensues, this is not a program created by our administrator, moderator or even web master. This is inherent in the vBulletin software that supports the forum.
                  That is kindof screwey. Perhaps if requested they would change it...?

Comment

• showbizkid
                    showbizkid commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Trying to get software developers to make a change in a platform like this is like Sisyphus pushing his boulder uphill.
                Working...
                X