Announcement

Collapse

This channel is for questions about how to use the Forum.

Please do not post automotive questions here.

See more
See less

"Follow Request"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Follow Request"?

Hi Clark or other Administrators; I received a "Follow Request" from a newer Member, who obviously doesn't know that us Old School Internet Members have NO CLUE what this is about!

I don't know if I will "Follow" him or He, Me!

I've been here 15 Years and have Posted 32,100 times, but NEVER gotten one of whatever these are! WHAT will happen if I Accept or Reject him?

As of July 4, 2021, I am no longer posting at least for awhile, just too much Bantering, disagreements, non-appreciative, Newer Members with a 1000 questions etc.,
    I don't need the Drama.

Please help, Rich.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

He's asking your permission to be notified of your posts. Maybe he wants to learn what you know.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
    10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
    56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
    60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

I would certainly consider it a positive action…Mike
      Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
      Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

So, you are saying that July 4th was your independence day from the Studebaker Forum? We appreciate you Rich and we gain from your knowledge. With that said, I hope you are doing something enjoyable, would be a shame if you were spending your time on the Toyota Forum.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

If I were you, I would shoot for a nice round number of posts, like 50,000. When you get there, we should have about all of the info you could possibly provide. Hope you reconsider the hiatus.

Comment

I did not notice the drama. Hope you are feeling more positive Rich!
            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
              He's asking your permission to be notified of your posts. Maybe he wants to learn what you know.
              StudeRich , this ^^^ is the answer. It is indeed a positive thing.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                Hi Clark or other Administrators; I received a "Follow Request" from a newer Member, who obviously doesn't know that us Old School Internet Members have NO CLUE what this is about!

I don't know if I will "Follow" him or He, Me!

I've been here 15 Years and have Posted 32,100 times, but NEVER gotten one of whatever these are! WHAT will happen if I Accept or Reject him?

As of July 4, 2021, I am no longer posting at least for awhile, just too much Bantering, disagreements, non-appreciative, Newer Members with a 1000 questions etc.,
                I don't need the Drama.

Please help, Rich.
                Rich - Please do not throw out the baby with the bath water. I believe that I am second in number of posts with more than 22K. I understand what you mean about some. There are about three that I find to be very annoying, so I just ignore them. There are about another three that are marginal. This leaves the vast majority that I am willing to help when I can. Please reconsider. You can and do add a lot here on this SDC Forum.
                Last edited by studegary; 07-14-2021, 11:17 AM.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post

Rich - Please do not throw out the baby with the bath water. I believe that I am second in number of posts with more than 24K. I understand what you mean about some. There are about three that I find to be very annoying, so I just ignore them. There are about another three that are marginal. This leaves the vast majority that I am willing to help when I can. Please reconsider. You can and do add a lot here on this SDC Forum.
                  X2 - except my post count is much lower.

Bob

Comment

It was me that ask for permission to follow you. It allows me to get a notification when you post. My intention is to learn from you. I'm new to studebakers. Recently purchased two. My main collection is older chevys and international scouts.

I've just got so much to learn and you have been very helpful for me so far.

Comment

Working...
                    X