Announcement

Collapse

This channel is for questions about how to use the Forum.

Please do not post automotive questions here.

See more
See less

Edits not working AGAIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edits not working AGAIN!

Clark; This Post #3, will not Update, I edited it yesterday, added C & K Models and changed '55 Pres. State's to 3, when I go back in Now it changes the Edit Date and Time and I see the Changes, but after posting , Nothing happens, no change.

You will recall the same thing happened several weeks ago.

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....ge#post1895970
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

“There is, in the Army, a little known but very important activity appropriately called Fatigue. Fatigue, in the Army, is the very necessary cleaning and repairing of the aftermath of living. Any man who has ever owned a gun has known Fatigue, when, after fifteen minutes in the woods and perhaps three shots at an elusive squirrel, he has gone home to spend three-quarters of an hour cleaning up his piece so that it will be ready next time he goes to the woods. Any woman who has ever cooked a luscious meal and ladled it out in plates upon the table has known Fatigue, when, after the glorious meal is eaten, she repairs to the kitchen to wash the congealed gravy from the plates and the slick grease from the cooking pots so they will be ready to be used this evening, dirtied, and so washed again. It is the knowledge of the unendingness and of the repetitious uselessness, the do it up so it can be done again, that makes Fatigue fatigue.”
    ― James Jones, From Here to Eternity

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

So I guess YOU are very Tired and "Fatigued" of the all the Un-fixable Forum Program issues, I get it.

Sometimes it may be better to Live with things as they are, than "Rock the Boat"!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

We are grateful to have such a clear and workable forum, undefiled by the endless advertisements on most others.

That there are the occasional glitches, we'll excuse them for the greater good.

But yes, Ritch, I just edited a post and when I hit save, the entire paragraph was lost to posterity.

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

Amen Jack, I fully agree!
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Yeah. There are some things I'm afraid will not be resolved unless we move lock, stock & barrel to a new platform, which is a huge undertaking - the Forum, with thousands of posts and photos archived since inception in 2004, is approaching 50 Gb of data on the fileserver. Perhaps were we using a system other than vBulletin to power things, that might not make a difference, but right now it most definitely does. Trust me when I say that as annoying as these things are to you, I see 10x the trouble behind the scenes!

So I'm not shining you on with my quote above But know that I am aware. I wish I had an easy answer.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Sorry I stumbled in here late, and have nothing productive to add... but we've only got ~50GB worth of data stored/archived here in the last 17 years? Shoot. I've managed to amass 123GB on a crappy old iPhone in less than 4 years
              Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

Originally posted by Lark Hunter View Post
                Sorry I stumbled in here late, and have nothing productive to add... but we've only got ~50GB worth of data stored/archived here in the last 17 years? Shoot. I've managed to amass 123GB on a crappy old iPhone in less than 4 years
                Yeah, but it's probably not running indexing and search services on 7 different SQL databases, plus constant Web requests for data

Comment

Working...
                X