PM still doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM still doesn't work

Just tried again to send a PM. Still says I have "exceeded the limit of 100 saved messages", but I only show 5. If Clark could fix this it would be great.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Bob, the items in your "Sent" folder count towards the 100, and the items in the "Trash" folder count towards the 100. Yes, it's a klunky not-very-user-friendly system, but you have to go to the Sent folder and delete them, then go to the Trash folder and delete them.

You probably already know this, but thought I'd mention it.

By the way, that's a nice '62 hardtop you got!
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
      Bob, the items in your "Sent" folder count towards the 100, and the items in the "Trash" folder count towards the 100. Yes, it's a klunky not-very-user-friendly system, but you have to go to the Sent folder and delete them, then go to the Trash folder and delete them.

You probably already know this, but thought I'd mention it.

By the way, that's a nice '62 hardtop you got!
      Thanks, Paul, it is a beauty. For the record, I cleared out everything as best as I could figure out, and still no luck. I tried to PM Clark and that wouldn't even go. All I have left is posting here and hopefully Clark will see it.
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

showbizkid
        ​​​​​​​Bob, if you type an "at" symbol and then Clark's forum name (showbizkid) it will send him a notification to this thread. See just above.
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
          showbizkid
          Bob, if you type an "at" symbol and then Clark's forum name (showbizkid) it will send him a notification to this thread. See just above.
          looks like you just did it for me!​​​​​​​
          Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

It's also been noted in the past, any messages you have sent or received from others, that have not yet been totally removed from their cache, are still counted against your own totals.
            Yeah; that definitely makes no sense but, there it is.
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10,
            '51 Commander Starlight,
            '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
            '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Bob Andrews , I have manually deleted your old PMs. Remember, things in your trash must be emptied - they count against your total. Let me know if this does the trick.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Also, here's the tutorial for doing this yourself in this sticky.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks, Clark, as far as I could tell I had already deleted everything. We'll see if it works now.
                  Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Bob, if that fails, you could always go back to the old fashion way. Get the address, put a stamp on an envelope and mail it. Not only does that give a personal touch, but helps support our retirement from the USPS

Thank you to all the use the USPS to help Bob and Bob's and others that on the forum that have retired from the USPS.

Bob Miles

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
                      Bob, if that fails, you could always go back to the old fashion way.

"All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10,
                      '51 Commander Starlight,
                      '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                      '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

It’s working! Thank you
                        Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                        X