Announcement

Collapse

This channel is for questions about how to use the Forum.

Please do not post automotive questions here.

See more
See less

Thanks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks?

Well, apparently I've been remiss..
    Not sure if the person was some kind of moderator here or what, but I've been chastised, and threatened with my posts having a lower priority and moved down the list, because (even though the problems I'm having with my car haven't been solved yet) I haven't thanked the people who answered my posts.
    so, thank you.
    Had my car been back to 100%, I very likely would have made an announcement of some kind. I don't have the technical ability or workspace to do most of the work myself like many others on here so finding a commercial shop to do the needed work has been a challenge...apologize if anyone felt "slighted"

Not sure what you are referring to, as I don't recall your posts. But threads move down on the page according to when new posts are made on that thread, and not by any moderator action. Sometimes they move down because no one has an adequate answer, so there are no replies.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

That's basically how I thought it worked Skip but not what this person insinuated. Thanks though!

Comment

my posts many times don't show up here until many hours (days) later...... just part of the game....

Comment

Think nothing of it. We have a few old time posters that get down right snarky at times. Not sure why, as it doesn't add much to the conversation. In any case, as has been stated, the posts move down the page as they age.
          78 Avanti RQB 2792
          64 Avanti R1 R5408
          63 Avanti R1 R4551
          63 Avanti R1 R2281
          62 GT Hawk V15949
          56 GH 6032504
          56 GH 6032588
          55 Speedster 7160047
          55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

I just meandered through all your old posts I can find and I think an issue is that some very knowledgeable forum folks have added a large amount of advice and have then seen the posts just drift off into the forum abyss as they will do if they are not posted on regularly.

As a long time member with a couple of posts, it does get frustrating to keep answering questions then not see any feedback that they have helped or been acted upon.

Are some a bit more salty than others, yup but it's the same in the non-forum world too. The knowledge base on this forum is possibly better than most other marques and generally shared willingly and in quantity and quality.

I have asked for help on many occasions and have found it quite helpful to feed back what I've done and the results I've noted and I appreciate that in return. It's the magic of us all learning by forum interaction.

It's just human nature to want to see results from their efforts. Same as any situation or job circumstance.

You are going through a learning process in dealing with the forum so don't take it personally as you'll find the rhythm eventually and have a better driving and performing Studebaker.

Bob

Comment

Rich and I are the top two posters on this SDC Forum. I won't speak for Rich. In my case, I often take the time to come up with an answer, sometimes with research. If there is not even an acknowledgement that it has been read, it gets annoying after a number of them. Sometimes, I will quit following/answering a topic if it looks like the original poster is no longer involved/interested. We all have other things that we can be doing. I hope that you realize that there is no profit in it for me.
              Last edited by studegary; 02-21-2021, 07:48 AM. Reason: missing n
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                Not sure what you are referring to, as I don't recall your posts. But threads move down on the page according to when new posts are made on that thread, and not by any moderator action. Sometimes they move down because no one has an adequate answer, so there are no replies.
                This is what he's referring to. I found it rather rude and snarky myself.

Did you EVER take a lot of advice from this String you started on 08/31/2020 and FIX your Champion?

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....ts-not-working

Or This one?

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....5651-generator

OR THIS One:

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....roubleshooting

OR THIS ONE:

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....i-creep-device

Usually, those who are appreciative of the Help they ASK for, GET more help!

You know Dan, this Forum is very easy to navigate, if you do not care enough to get your answers to come back a few Hours later or the Next Day, your post may drop down on Page #1 a bit or even go to Pg. 2.
                But you can also click on your Name or go to your Profile to find all your older Posts and let us know if we helped or ask more questions, or maybe even say Thank You, it is the Responsible Thing to Do.

Good luck with your Vacuum Motor.
                Last edited by StudeRich; Yesterday, 08:32 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=rbisacca;n1881507]

This is what he's referring to. I found it rather rude and snarky myself.

[QUOTE]

Let's put ourselves in Gary and Rich and other contributing members shoes. They take the time to answer questions on the forum at length with a great depth of knowledge and experience. They are "VALUABLE" resources!! that many forums do not have.

I look at your link to Rich's comments as another effort that he set forth to explain his position and provide data to support it. Those comments can be construed in what ever form one wants to use but there is no doubt that we are blessed with a large number of folks that gladly share there experience, I can probably give 20 or so members off hand that include Rich and Gary that freely do this. Remember that Rich's observations in your link also took time and effort and would indicate he wants to help but can be discouraged also.

While we need to encourage participation by new members, it should not go unnoticed that the resources of this forum are provided free due to the good will and love of the marque that some long term members have and use. We would be many times less effective without their input.

A little positive feedback can go a long way.

Bob

Comment

Post moved because it's not technical in nature.

Just to be clear Dwc1298 , there are only a very few Moderators on this board. They are myself, Avantidon , BShaw and hausdok. No one else has the right or ability to move or delete posts, or to penalize a member

That said, I'd remind us all to be kind to one another - "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is a good idea no matter your faith.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                    X