Message "closing"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message "closing"

In the past one could set up a closing that could include your name, list of cars, etc. Some even included photos of their cars. It is probably on here somewhere, but I can't figure out how to do this in this version of the forum software. I had it in the old version.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
    Last edited by fpstude; 09-08-2020, 08:23 PM.
    Perry
    \'50 Business Champion
    \'50 Starlight Champion
    \'60 Lark Convertible,
    \'63 GT R1,
    \'67 Triumph TR4A

fpstude - A "closing"? Please explain. I don't understand that term.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
      fpstude - A "closing"? Please explain. I don't understand that term.
      I think he's referring to the "signature" that would be inserted in the profile; and would automatically appear after each post.
      Mine used to appear until we went to the vBulletin program. Then it disappeared.
      There was an option on the old forum to selectively NOT show the signature with every post, which I usually chose, since most folks know me and it just takes up space. But it's added information for those less familiar with each other.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10,
      '51 Commander Starlight,
      '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
      '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

rockne10 - Thanks for clarifying, Brad! BTW, I see your sig in your post above quite well.

fpstude - Please see this Help topic: "How Do I Edit My Signature?" This will walk you though the process.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
          rockne10 - Thanks for clarifying, Brad! BTW, I see your sig in your post above quite well. .
          I can see my avatar; but the signature isn't appearing on my monitor.
          But, now that your prompt has sent me to "conversation options" , thar it 'tis! Who says old people are required to stay keen?
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10,
          '51 Commander Starlight,
          '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
          '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Thanks to all for your assistance with this. It is just another indication of how great this forum is.
            Perry
            \'50 Business Champion
            \'50 Starlight Champion
            \'60 Lark Convertible,
            \'63 GT R1,
            \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Working...
            X