Announcement

Collapse

This channel is for questions about how to use the Forum.

Please do not post automotive questions here.

See more
See less

Finding started threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding started threads

How do I find a thread that I started?

If it was a thread recently started you can go to your profile and look under the "Activates" tab and see the last few you have either started or responded to. Search for the key word in the name of your thread using the search box in the upper right corner of the page. Other than that, I don't know what else you can do.
    One of the Forum Administrators may chime in and enlighten both of us!

Comment

Go to your User Profile by clicking on your forum 'name'. Click on the 'ABOUT' tab, then scroll down to the bottom and click on 'Find all started topics' hyperlink. See pic pasted below, the red arrow points to the hyperlink to get the list of your started topics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC Forum Posts.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1853902
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Okay, I have learned something already this morning!
        Thanks!

Comment

I have a similar problem; I was gonna search for a post I started years ago, I don't know how many, I suspect it must have been before I had to change my name here... So now I can't get to it because I don't remember the password I had & I don't have the same mail address either...
          The subject / post was in stove huggers & about 60's Chevy Apache Suburbans.
          sigpic

Josephine
          Champion V8
          4d sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
            I have a similar problem; I was gonna search for a post I started years ago, I don't know how many, I suspect it must have been before I had to change my name here... So now I can't get to it because I don't remember the password I had & I don't have the same mail address either...
            Go to your "old" User Profile here: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/member/7632-nox
            Click on the "About" tab
            Scroll down and click on "Find all started topics"

There are four pages of threads that you started under your old "Nox" user name.
            Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

WOW! That's quite a lot... Thanx!
              sigpic

Josephine
              Champion V8
              4d sedan

Comment

The other option I'll use is to Google the topic including my forum name in the query. That usually results in finding what I'm looking for quickly.

New or old name shouldn't matter to Google.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
                  You should have told me - I can merge your "old" account into your current one. I'll take care of that!

Paul, thanks for explaining the process

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

That would ofcourse be super, thanx beforehand!
                    I didn't know it was possible...
                    (& I would prefer my old avatar;
                    me by my parents -55 Commander Starlight)

sigpic

Josephine
                    Champion V8
                    4d sedan

Comment

Working...
                    X