Announcement

Collapse

This channel is for questions about how to use the Forum.

Please do not post automotive questions here.

See more
See less

So...what th' heck happened???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...what th' heck happened???

Most evenings, before going to bed, I close all my open windows tabs, (including the forum), and turn off my computer. This morning, about sunup, I turned on the computer, checked email, and then the forum...only, instead of the forum, there's this weird website and all writing looks to be Chinese??? So, I grabbed my iPhone and went to the forum site only to see the same thing using the iPhone. So, I checked my other forums and they loaded properly. Same with the SDC Homepage.

Then I had to be at my doctor's office for a physical and so I stopped the computer distraction, got ready, and left for my appointment. While waiting in the doctor's office lobby, I checked again and the same problem on our site was still happening. The same thing after arriving back home and I checked several times between chores. Not until early afternoon did the site become available. Does anyone have an explanation???
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

My guess is its hackers ! Maybe checking which way we Vote , Buy American , Ed

Comment

We were hacked. It took about 12 hours after the trouble ticket was lodged, but we are back online now.

Passwords are stored using hashed and salted encryption, so none of our regular members need to worry.

Anyone with Mod or Admin privileges will be receiving a password reset prompt shortly. Please take note.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Last Night at 9:30 was the first I noticed it, so I did something I rarely do, I went to FaceCrook!

There I could contact Clark because he is a "Friend" there. I figured it was the Koreans or maybe Chinese Gobbily Gook.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          Last Night at 9:30 was the first I noticed it, so I did something I rarely do, I went to FaceCrook!

There I could contact Clark because he is a "Friend" there. I figured it was the Koreans or maybe Chinese Gobbily Gook.
          I simply e-mailed Clark and he responded.
          I think that the hacking was taken care of in a reasonable amount of time. The main thing is to prevent future hackings.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Clark, did they (the hackers) access the members email addresses? I have experienced a huge increase in spam emails today. Maybe just coincidence, but sure is unusual.
            Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              And I thank you Rich - you helped me get the trouble ticket lodged quickly.

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
              Clark, did they (the hackers) access the members email addresses? I have experienced a huge increase in spam emails today. Maybe just coincidence, but sure is unusual.
              Not that we are aware of. It appears to have been a quick-and-dirty redirect injection. We are running scans and trying to figure out how the intrusion was accomplished so it doesn't happen again.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I even took a picture of the troll, might as well catch 'em before they escape:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	S.D.C.'sForum.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	1850840
                [SIGPIC]
                Josephine,
                -55 sedan

Comment

The hacker redirected to baidu.com, which is a Chinese company connected with Bytedance, which owns TikTok. So there may be a political component to this.
                  Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Working...
                  X