Deleting Messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting Messages

The directions for deleting messages does not work..... ?
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

I just tested it.
    WHILE Logged in, I went to "Messages", at the Top by the Bell, Clicked "Inbox", then Clicked the Box next to the one I want gone, then clicked "Delete" and it went to Trash, I then went a step farther and went to "Trash", clicked that same PM there, hit "Delete" and it was Permanently Deleted, not that it HAS to be done though.

UPDATE: I thought OK maybe Lou Clicked on the PM to Open it, and then tried to Delete it.
    So I tried it that way, and it also works fine here.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 05-13-2020, 03:56 PM. Reason: ADDED Update
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thanks.....but it won't work for me!
      Lou Van Anne
      62 Champ
      64 R2 GT Hawk
      79 Avanti II

Comment

Usually, when these kind of actions work or don't work differently for different Members, it has something to do with their Browser Brand, the settings in it, or a Spam or Ad Blocker Program.
        I use Firefox.

Just go to the "Forum Q&A" Forum and ask Clark what it MIGHT be.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Lou Van Anne , did you follow these instructions? https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....empty-your-pms

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
            Yes, still can't make it work.....sure is a complicated system.....anything but user friendly....
            Lou Van Anne
            62 Champ
            64 R2 GT Hawk
            79 Avanti II

Comment

Lou Van Anne , yes, it's not as intuitive as it used to be.

I have the capability to clear your PM's from my control panel, but it's an all-or-nothing proposition. If you have anything store that you want to save, copy or print it, and let me know, and I will clear the box for you.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                ... and went to "Trash", clicked that same PM there, hit "Delete" and it was Permanently Deleted, not that it HAS to be done though.
                Clark can correct or confirm but, I believe messages that have been sent to "TRASH" but not permanently deleted are still counted in your mail box cache, and will limit the messages you can store.

"All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                  messages that have been sent to "TRASH" but not permanently deleted are still counted in your mail box cache, and will limit the messages you can store.
                  That is correct. And even when you do that, they may not be permanently "gone" - if the person on the other end of the conversation still has a copy, then that message still exists and is counted against your quota.

I've significantly raised the amount of PM storage across the board to help with this; the amount allowed is now triple what it used to be, but it's still a weird system

Comment

[QUOTE=showbizkid;n1835724]
                    Weird?.....that I'll agree with.
                    I give up....too complicated for me.....I'll just live with it.
                    Lou Van Anne
                    62 Champ
                    64 R2 GT Hawk
                    79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post

That is correct. And even when you do that, they may not be permanently "gone" - if the person on the other end of the conversation still has a copy, then that message still exists and is counted against your quota.

I've significantly raised the amount of PM storage across the board to help with this; the amount allowed is now triple what it used to be, but it's still a weird system
                      Clark-
                      That particular provision is well beyond weird -- it falls somewhere between absurd and ridiculous.

(But thanks for trying to ameliorate the problem.)
                      Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                      X