Subscriptions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subscriptions?

Every once in a while I get an alert that someone has posted something to one of my subscriptions. Since I have not knowingly subscribed to anything, I found this curious. In checking my profile, I found I am subscribed to 3184 items. As near as I can figure it out, these are ALL of the threads I ever posted to before the new system was implemented. I tried deleting them, but can only do them one at a time. I have turned off the automatic notification, but still seem to get them anyway. Would like to reduce my subscription count to zero.
    Skip Lackie

Hi Skip, hope all is well with you. I cannot solve/answer your question but I do know that you are automatically "subscribed" to any thread you start.
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander
    Zone Coordinator
    Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Originally posted by Mark57 View Post
      Hi Skip, hope all is well with you. I cannot solve/answer your question but I do know that you are automatically "subscribed" to any thread you start.
      You can turn off the automatic subscriptions to your own posts. Go to User Settings, then Notifications, then uncheck the box next to "Automatic Subscriptions".
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Scott and Mark-
        I already did that quite a while ago, when we first got the new system. But I am still getting alerts whenever someone posts to one of the 3184 (old) subscriptions that the system has assigned to me. There's no way I STARTED 3184 threads, so that has to be the total number of threads I ever posted to under the old software. Isn't there a way to unsubscribe from them all?
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Skip Lackie , I used my administrator super-powers to unsubscribe you from all your old subscriptions. A lot of that was carried over from the old system, where people got subscribed to everything but usually not notified. Let me know if this solves your problem.

Clark

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks Clark. That confirms my supposition of how I got subscribed to so many threads. Will let you if it doesn't fix it.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
            X