503 Service Unavailable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 503 Service Unavailable

Not trying to be a nag, but 503 Service Unavailable is what I get about half the time when I click on any forum thread -- then I get it again when I go back out and try to come in again. Since I'm old and retired, I shouldn't be impatient -- but I'd rather spend the years I have left doing something more productive than staring at that number 503.
    Skip Lackie

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
    Not trying to be a nag, but 503 Service Unavailable is what I get about half the time when I click on any forum thread -- then I get it again when I go back out and try to come in again. Since I'm old and retired, I shouldn't be impatient -- but I'd rather spend the years I have left doing something more productive than staring at that number 503.
    You are not alone...not only have I gotten that message several times today, but once, I got a "search has timed out" message when I had only hit the "back" button. Until today, I had only been getting these goofy error messages on my laptop. Today, for the first time I also had it happen on my iPhone. Although, I will admit that I don't do a lot of internet monitoring on my iPhone.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Please... I UNDERSTAND.

It is not just you. I am aware of it. I am pursuing solutions.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks Clark, we appreciate it. It's been going on for at least 2 weeks now. Even when the 503 flag does not pop up, waiting for the next screen here is like watching paint dry. Thanks again

Comment

Thanks Clark. I knew you were working on it, but it has gotten quite a bit worse lately. We have been warned that the internet might be slowing down due to virus-related heavy use, but I'm not having the problem on any other site.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Don't know if it's related but, with college, as well as high school and grade school students all pursuing their studies on line, and many professionals working from home, I think we can expect to experience a bit of traffic on the internet before things get better.
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10,
            '51 Commander Starlight,
            '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
            '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Working...
            X