Regarding our "PM's"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding our "PM's"

With this new edition it doesn't seem to matter how many times I try to delete PM'S it still shows that I am over 90% full. I was able to accomplish the trimming with the old system so I must be doing something wrong in our new format. Any suggestions?
    Bill

You should be able to check the box next to messages you want to delete and then click "delete" on the top of the private messages page. But when I do that, it tells me I haven't checked any messages. So I'm no help.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Maybe we are just Luddites, but I cannot make the old ones go away either.

Comment

My situation as about Opposite!

Mine only shows FOUR in the IN Box! The Page indicator says 1 of 2 Pages, but when you go to Pg. 2 there is NOTHING, just Blank!

There is also No Box Size indicator at the bottom like the Old System, so I can tell if my Box is Full or Near Full.

I think one reason for SO few showing even though I do get quite a few, is that I answer most of them and then the "IN" message gets automatically merged into the "Sent" PM's and they go away from the "IN" Box!

Just some Stupid Web Page management design criteria.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
          With this new edition it doesn't seem to matter how many times I try to delete PM'S it still shows that I am over 90% full. I was able to accomplish the trimming with the old system so I must be doing something wrong in our new format. Any suggestions?
          Bill
          Bill, I have added a section about how to delete PMs to this "How To" thread.

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          Just some Stupid Web Page management design criteria.
          Yep, that's about the long and short of it.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks Clark. I guess it worked as I'm now no longer being prompted about my 90% full rate.
            Thanks as always for your response. Did you ever figure a method for me to post my pics which are stated as being too large for the new format? I use the same Nikon camera and it worked before. Just want to keep the guys (& gals) entertained.
            Regards,
            Bill

Comment

Buzzard , how are you uploading? Are you sending photos directly from your camera to the Forum? Or are you putting them on your hard drive first?

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

From Clark's how-to instructions:

"HOW TO: Completely Empty Your PMs

If you are seeing the notice that says your Private Message storage is almost full, you must empty your old PMs.

In this version of vBulletin, emptying only the Trash folder is not enough to clear your Private Messages completely. Private Message conversations are now threaded, like Forum topics - not standalone messages, like e-mails. So you must empty all three Private Message folders in order to completly clear your PM storage.

To do so, do these three things, in order:
                1. Delete any messages you do not wish to keep from your Inbox folder.
                2. Now delete messages from your Sent Items folder.
                3. Finally, delete all messages in your Trash folder.
                Even after this process, the statistics may tell you that your PMs are not completely empty. This is because people you have send PMs to are saving messages from you in their own folders. Until they delete these messages, they are counted against your PM quota."

Thanks for explaining that, Clark. But (at the risk of [again] being accused of being a whiner), that procedure and its underlying software are sufficiently complex and bizarre as to convince me to never use the PM system.
                Skip Lackie

Comment

These systems make sense to the designers. I am sure there were good reasons to make it this way. Unfortunately they not not be quite as logical for the user. Not user friendly.
                  Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                  50 Champion 2 door*
                  53 Commander K Auto*
                  53 Commander K overdrive*
                  55 President Speedster
                  62 GT 4Speed*
                  63 Avanti R1*
                  64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Hi Clark,
                    I have been putting the SD card in the computer. Is there an easier method I am missing?
                    Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                      I have been putting the SD card in the computer. Is there an easier method I am missing?
                      No, that's about as easy as it gets! What is the average file size you are trying to upload from your SD card?

Comment

Working...
                      X