Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me? Or is this forum crawling?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am also experiencing problems. My iPad works but my Microsoft computers will not connect to the forum. They do connect to the SDC site but the forum link does not work.

Comment

It's been noticeably slower for me since the changeover to the new format. It still works...just not as fast.
      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I feel your frustration. I have had an open trouble ticket with our web host for over two weeks now, while they attempt to figure out the trouble ... it IS being worked on.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
          I feel your frustration. I have had an open trouble ticket with our web host for over two weeks now, while they attempt to figure out the trouble ... it IS being worked on.
          Thanks, Clark for acknowledging our frustrations. Also, for letting us know you are engaged and seeking resolutions. Sitting around and banging away on a keyboard carping and complaining is very easy. Especially when someone as computer illiterate as I am is clueless regarding what lies beneath the plastic letters on this keyboard, and how all this wonderful stuff gets transmitted through these tiny wires all over the world so quickly.

Just to know we are not being ignored is enough to give us hope things will improve. Hopefully, you will not have to change your avatar back to that pitiful picture of you with a target on your forehead.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Sometimes when I see topics like this I don't reply right away, because i don't want people to feel like I'm trying to squelch them or limit their opinions. Maybe that's not the right thing to do; I'll rethink that position.

But please, everyone, be certain that I am on this board at least once, and usually many more time per day to read topics and sometimes move things around. Please don't think I don't hear you or am ignoring your concerns when issues like this come up.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
              Sometimes when I see topics like this I don't reply right away, because i don't want people to feel like I'm trying to squelch them or limit their opinions. Maybe that's not the right thing to do; I'll rethink that position.

But please, everyone, be certain that I am on this board at least once, and usually many more time per day to read topics and sometimes move things around. Please don't think I don't hear you or am ignoring your concerns when issues like this come up.
              Communication is a good thing. It is nice that you are tracking these things, but the rest of us do not know it unless you tell us.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

ANOTHER PROBLEM FOR CLARK

In my advancing years I have developed macular degeneration which limits my reading abilities on web sites with poorly contrasting color balances such as our current version.

Specifically, we now have one shade of blue copy over another shade of blue background. This makes it very difficult to read.

IMHO I feel that many web designers and ITs who are younger and seemingly unaware of the difficulties of us older nerds could pay a little more attention to design details. Any thoughts Clark?

Stu Chapman

Comment

Still glacially slow -- at any time of day. No problems with any other forum or site.
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

Well, Skip...I'm not sure, but if ISP, overall internet function, and servers were lagging behind in upgrading their tech...imagine how much more their problems will be amplified with all the businesses/schools/and other entities hunkered down and all those folks attempting to work from the web, shopping on Amazon, kids playing games, basement-dwelling snowflakes sharing youtube videos, social media, etc...all crowd onto the internet at once! It could be that our forum server might even place us lower than ever on the priority list.
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Hi everyone,

I addition to a support ticket open and active with our hosts, Mark Wheeler and I are investigating alternative webhosts. We'll keep you apprised.

Comment

Working...
                      X