Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me? Or is this forum crawling?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me? Or is this forum crawling?

Loading seems slow to me. Anyone else have the same experience?
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
    Loading seems slow to me. Anyone else have the same experience?
    It's been slow for a number of days. My other forums are normal and my internet speed is well over 100 Mbps so it's this forum.

Bob

Comment

Response is less that stellar with many 503 pages. Perhaps a DOS attack?
      78 Avanti RQB 2792
      64 Avanti R1 R5408
      63 Avanti R1 R4551
      63 Avanti R1 R2281
      62 GT Hawk V15949
      56 GH 6032504
      56 GH 6032588
      55 Speedster 7160047
      55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

Yes, something has definitely changed. Each click takes three or four times as long to load.

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

Yep, just noticed! I thought it was the weather as it otherwise usually is.
          sigpic

Josephine
          Champion V8
          4d sedan

Comment

No problem here. Loads, boom, boom, boom..... Well, except it took about 10 seconds to post this...

Bo
            Bo

Comment

Mine has been slow too.
              Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

It seems to load ok, but is slow to quote and respond to something.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

We never had the Delay and the little Yellow Circle that says "WORKING" going on with the Old System, and of course it was always instantaneous not this slow.

But I figure we now have to live with Security Checks, Verification's etc. and for lack of a more correct term: Periodic "Server UPLOADS", so maybe we are better off now?

This should be on the Forum Q & A Forum though.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

My experience with the Forum response time is consistent. It's fairly slow ( gets the "working" icon) when you click on a link and minimum of 5-10 seconds to respond with anything. I think the server hardware isn't up to the load or they're on a cheap trunkline...... and when I hit the button to send this, got a spinning BMW type ball for 5-10 seconds. It wasn't my MAC beachball either..
                    64 GT Hawk (K7)
                    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Yep, like watching paint dry here. Also times out quite often. Definitely something is broke here.

Comment

Yesterday morning and this morning, I would click to either check the forum or to refresh for new posts and after a lengthy pause I would get an error message that the server was unavailable and try again later. Something is going on??? That is something new and I don’t recall it happening before. It is not a frequent occurrence but it is annoying. Just another thing that puts the (so called) “forum upgrade” performance in the disappointment category.
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I agree with the most others here. Too many long pauses, and sometimes to where it times out and gives an 'Error 503' page.

This latest Forum upgrade is still proving to be an annoying failure.

Craig

Comment

Me, too. Responses take forever to load and sometimes time out and have to be resubmitted.
                            Skip Lackie

Comment

Just pull the forum motor and stick in a SBC

Comment

Working...
                              X