Down Loading Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down Loading Photos

Why does it have to be so damn difficult?........I give up!
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Lou , i know i had a hella time trying to download them or i should say upload them , i use to think i was computer savey
    i guess if you do it all of the time you get use to it

Comment

It can't be that tough. I figured it out and I haven't been computer savey since 1982.

To post a pic, click the little icon (that looks like it use to before upgrade but black and white) in the 8th box from the left, third icon. Click "upload" then click "choose file". Choose your pic from your computer and click "open". Now click "send to server" then click "ok". You can change the size of the pic before clicking "ok", or double click on the pic before posting and you can change it's size. If you get a notice that the pic is too large, click "cancel" then open the pic in "paint"(on most computers) and resize it then start over again. Sometimes I'll have to resize a pic a few times before the forum will accept it.

To post a pic from the web, don't click "upload", just copy and paste the image address where it says "URL" then un-check "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" and click "ok".

Click image for larger version  Name:	Lou van anne GT crop.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.9 KB ID:	1823189Here you go Lou; Down loaded from web and saved; uploaded from my machine.

Posted from web via image address/ URL.

Comment

New or old system I have never been able to post pictures. Just a continuation of visual anomymity.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	P2290820.JPG Views:	0 Size:	148.9 KB ID:	1823205
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10,
          '51 Commander Starlight,
          '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
          '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Thanks for the advice.....I think I made it work.....but it is still too damned complicated!
            Lou Van Anne
            62 Champ
            64 R2 GT Hawk
            79 Avanti II

Comment

I thought I did it right but the link goes to Google photos and shows all my hundreds of photos. How do I delete that link?
              1967 Riviera, 1964 Avanti R/2-R5096, 1953 Champion-R/1,4spd, Two 1967 Studebaker Gravely tractorssigpic

Comment

Lou, use the "Upload Attachments" it will bring you to your computer. Click photos from you computer, choose which photo and it will automatically upload. Choose what size, I use Large, bad eyes you know. You are done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P4270309.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	1841447

Comment

Lou,
                  I agree as under members pics I have tried 4 times to post my Packard pics and still to no avail. I used to post pics all the time and now I just don't have any luck. Modern technology. Great when it works!
                  Bill

Comment

It took me a few tries, but I have no problem now, posting either from my own files or from the internet.
                    But I do like when the photos all show up in a format where they can be viewed by clicking the little left or right arrows.
                    So far, all I've managed is a single viewable picture at a time; where viewing that picture has to be closed out to selectively view another.
                    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10,
                    '51 Commander Starlight,
                    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Working...
                    X