Announcement

Collapse

This channel is for questions about how to use the Forum.

Please do not post automotive questions here.

See more
See less

Forum messaging....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum messaging....

Is there a way to REPLY (reply button) to a private message from a forum member?
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

There was, but right now I can't reply to my mwssages ??

Comment

Good question, ran into the same issue yesterday.

Comment

IMO everyone should have their email address in their profile. That is a MUCH better way to contact someone than the awkward PM system on this forum.

It's just my opinion, but I value it highly.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
        10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
        56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
        60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

I just checked messages, and was able to reply. It was a small square box in the header that said "reply". Good Luck!

Comment

PM through the forum, leave your personal e-mail address, hope that the recipient gets a clue, and responds appropriately.

Comment

I've just replied to one of our old PMs as a test.
              Just let me know if you get it.
              Nice day to all.
              sigpic

Comment

The reply button won't appear until you click on the blue message title itself -- even though the preview has allowed you to read the whole thing. It is a VERY counter-intuitive format.
                Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                  The reply button won't appear until you click on the blue message title itself -- even though the preview has allowed you to read the whole thing. It is a VERY counter-intuitive format.
                  Thanks, Skip. I used to use the message function with the previous format. I have given up on messages with this format.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks Skip, that works.

Comment

Skip,
                      I don't know how you found it, but you did everyone a favor. Thanks
                      64 GT Hawk (K7)
                      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Thanks, but I stumbled onto it -- no skill or intelligence involved (or available).
                        Skip Lackie

Comment

How do you forward a PM. I've tried and no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by chet445 View Post
                            How do you forward a PM. I've tried and no luck.
                            There will be a 'FORWARD' button at the top of the PM (or string of PMs). If there is a string of PMs, you will have to select the specific messages you want to forward by clicking on the small select box at the top right of each PM. Hit the 'FORWARD' button. You will have to put in the name of the forum member (or members) that you want to forward to.
                            Paul
                            Winston-Salem, NC
                            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

I wrote "How To" instructions about this last October. It's a featured post in the "Forum Q&A" channel. Read here.

Remember, if you have questions about how the Forum operates, look there / post there first - not in the General board. Thank you.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X