Announcement

Collapse

This channel is for questions about how to use the Forum.

Please do not post automotive questions here.

See more
See less

New System.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
    This new system in a little hard to figure, even the PM's don't work for me I get them but can not figure out how to respond, was no problem before but now can't do it.
    I have participated in many on line forums. Every time I do a new make and model, I find at least one forum for that car. They have helped me immensely in restoring 30+ cars since I retired. I still participate in several automotive forums.

I have to say that this forum is the LEAST user friendly of any I have used. I am not sure why this one was chosen out of all the ones available that are much more intuitive and attractive.

Anyway, here's how to respond to PMs (I have found nothing in the "help" section on how to do this, or on most other standard operations...like posting pictures)

Click on "Messages" in the upper right hand corner. Click on "Inbox" in the left margin. You will get this screen...

To read a message, DO NOT click on the "see more" as indicated by the yellow arrow. This is pretty much useless. Click instead on the title of the message under the sender's name as indicated by the red arrow (why in the world it says "and I" after the sender's name is anybody's guess. ). You will then be able to read the message, and any additional responses in that message chain.

At the end of the message (or the end of all messages if there is a chain), will be the block for you to respond.

Lou,
    There are several ways to post photos both from your computer and from the internet and several options for each. None of them simple. Hopefully there is a tutorial someplace on the site, but I can't find it.
    Last edited by Dick Steinkamp; 01-22-2020, 08:52 AM.
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Lou,
      Here's one way to post photos. There are others.

Put your curser where you want the photo

Choose this icon...

That will open this dialog box...

If you want to post a picture that is already on the internet or in an on line photo album, copy and paste the URL of the picture where indicated and hit the green OK button. DONE!

If you want to post a picture from your computer, first hit the UPLOAD button indicated by the yellow arrow. That will open this dialog box...

Hit CHOOSE FILE. That will take you to your computer where you select the picture you want to post. After you select the picture it will return automatically to the above dialog box. Hit SEND IT TO THE SERVER. That should return you to the dialog box below (the TITLE and URL fields will be populated)...

Hit the green OK button. DONE!

Last edited by Dick Steinkamp; 01-21-2020, 06:18 PM.
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Interesting New way to Load Pics, WHO KNEW!
        Way more complicated than how most of us do it, just different, I guess.
        It's much easier to just hit the "Upload Attachments" button at the bottom, and be almost done.

I found that if all those Icons that you have no idea what they mean, do not display, you can click the "Advance Editor" ("A" with an underline) and they will appear.
        Last edited by StudeRich; 01-21-2020, 10:46 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Rich,
          Lou wasn't able to do it the way you do so I thought it might be good to show another way (there are more). Also, I (we?) didn't know if Lou was trying to post from his computer or from a picture somewhere on the internet so I thought it would be good to show both methods.

And yes...this method is 5 keystrokes, the one you use is 3, but I'm not sure that puts it in the "much more complicated" category...especially if the one you use does not work for some.
          Last edited by Dick Steinkamp; 01-22-2020, 08:53 AM.
          Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post

I have participated in many on line forums. Every time I do a new make and model, I find at least one forum for that car. They have helped me immensely in restoring 30+ cars since I retired. I still participate in several automotive forums.

I have to say that this forum is the LEAST user friendly of any I have used. I am not sure why this one was chosen out of all the ones available that are much more intuitive and attractive.

Anyway, here's how to respond to PMs (I have found nothing in the "help" section on how to do this, or on most other standard operations...like posting pictures)

Click on "Messages" in the upper right hand corner. Click on "Inbox" in the left margin. You will get this screen...

To read a message, DO NOT click on the "see more" as indicated by the yellow arrow. This is pretty much useless. Click instead on the title of the message under the sender's name as indicated by the red arrow (why in the world it says "and I" after the sender's name is anybody's guess. ). You will then be able to read the message, and any additional responses in that message chain.

At the end of the message (or the end of all messages if there is a chain), will be the block for you to respond.

Lou,
            There are actually ways to post photos both from your computer and from the internet and several options for each. None of them simple. Hopefully there is a tutorial someplace on the site, but I can't find it.
            Thanks Dick I can always count on you for the right answer............Bob
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Dick Steinkamp , I appreciate you helping out.

Guys, if you look at the list of topics in the Forum Q&A channel, you'll see that photo posting and PM questions had already been asked and answered. Please check in this channel first for answers, and if you can't find them, post questions here and tag me. Thanks.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
              X