Scrambled Photos and last Poster Name... AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrambled Photos and last Poster Name... AGAIN

Hi Clark, I know you know this is happening from my last Post about it, however I have a example from Today that might help figure it out, especially IF it is about the East Coast vs West Coast Timing of the Posts.

On this String:

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....-a-50-champion

What is current at almost 1:00 PM is that Joe Hall's Pic displays with My Name as the Last Poster.
    Actually, it IS Joe.

The string was started this morning by wdills at 6:42 AM in NC.

Post #2 was StudeRich at 9:53 AM in WA.

Post #3 was studegary at 10:29 AM in NY.

Post #4 was (S) at 10:53 AM in WA.

Post #5was JoeHall at 11:08 AM in KY.

Of course these are the Times displayed on my West Coast Computer at 1:31 PM, so I have NO idea what these Poster's Local time was or how the Website deals with that.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

I have also noticed that lately, what is listed as the last post, probably isn't the last post.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The bulletin board system queues certain updates for timed execution; i.e., these processes run on a scheduled interval. (These are called "cron jobs", if you're interested).

When there is a heavy server load, there are more processes to execute, and the update is delayed. It's just one of those things.

The good news is, no matter whose name is displayed, "What's New" always feeds you the threads that have been updated since your last view.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. Most everything online was busy yesterday.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
        X