Announcement

Collapse

This channel is for questions about how to use the Forum.

Please do not post automotive questions here.

See more
See less

New Forum format: Tip & observation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum format: Tip & observation

I'm really trying to adjust in a positive way...but I'm still bewildered? One thing that has helped me (a bit) is to copy the forum heading "Latest Posts," and paste it into my task bar just below the website address at the top of the screen. I use Firefox browser, so yours might look a little different, but it is the place where the "most visited" sites can be accessed, etc. Next to that, I also placed the "My latest posts" icon. What this allows me to do is toggle up the forum from any website to "latest unread posts" instantly with one click. I had done this on the old format using the "what's happening" tab that gave us real time linear postings across all forum titles as the day's conversations unfolded. I really miss that.

I have posted a couple of times calling for patience as we adjust to the changes...However, I fear I've become a hypocrite as I'm having difficulty staying positive myself? I'm finding myself spending more time on other forums I am a member of. In addition...this might just push me over to Facebook and the risks of family upheaval that I have managed to resist for years.

For me...It's just not as much fun as it was?
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

John, I have had a few struggles as well. Mainly getting used to the new look as well as finding things I used to know where to find. Posting photos is a bit different as an example.
    I am finding that if I just keep at it the new look is growing on me day by day. I get surprised when I stumble on something new or find something from before that is now in a new place.
    Hang in there my friend. This site is probably safer than Facebook.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Well, for me just a few differences to learn sure isn't going to make me go to Farcebook. I look at that once and a while, but seems way too superficial for me. People dropping in just to share a pic, or a question being asked that gets a lot of really off the wall wrong answers.

Harsh?......maybe but that's what I've observed.

And now that I'm used to it, I really have no issue with the upgraded forum. Nothing is perfect, and nothing will please everyone 100 percent of the time.

Let's get back to talkin' Studebakers.
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Working...
      X