Announcement

Collapse

This channel is for questions about how to use the Forum.

Please do not post automotive questions here.

See more
See less

Forum Navigation

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post

But I shouldn't have to explain this concept
    I doubt if there is anyone here who knew why the upgrade was necessary. Yes...it has to be explained.

The key to a successful software upgrade is communication....before, during and after. Users will always resist a software change. They need to know why for starters and buy into it BEFORE implementation.

I don't know if everyone has found this yet...

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/articles

But it does help explain some of the benefits of the new software.
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

I have yet to see any "benefits" of the new software. We have an interface that looks ugly, wastes 25% of the screen space, and the bandwidth required to serve it, and we have lost functionality that we used to have. A few more "upgrades" like this, and a tin can and a string will be looking good.
      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
        I doubt if there is anyone here who knew why the upgrade was necessary. Yes...it has to be explained.
        Well, I was trying to lighten the mood a bit, but obviously that didn't come through.

Originally posted by gordr View Post
        I have yet to see any "benefits" of the new software.
        Gord, I'm sorry you are unhappy - I truly am. I also think you're unfairly focusing on a couple of things you don't like, and ignoring everything else.
        We are doing everything we can to serve ALL of our members. The upgrade was needed and long overdue, and we cannot live in 1990 for the rest of our lives.
        And with respect, I am now finished beating this dead horse.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
        X