Announcement

Collapse

This channel is for questions about how to use the Forum.

Please do not post automotive questions here.

See more
See less

Forum Navigation

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Forum Navigation

    How do you navigate from one thread to another? There used to be an option at the bottom of each page for previous/next thread. If it’s still here, I can’t find it.
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

  • #2
    Studedude - That functionality seems to have been removed from the software. I'll add it to the wish list.

    Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
      Studedude - That functionality seems to have been removed from the software. I'll add it to the wish list.
      Question: is this an updated version of the software we were formerly using, or is it a different platform altogether?
      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by gordr View Post

        Question: is this an updated version of the software we were formerly using, or is it a different platform altogether?
        It is an updated version. Sometimes developers remove features between versions and add others. Change is the only thing that remains constant


        Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Still vBulletin®
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

          Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10,
          '51 Commander Starlight,
          '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
          '56 Sky Hawk

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by showbizkid View Post

            It is an updated version. Sometimes developers remove features between versions and add others. Change is the only thing that remains constant
            Is the old version still available for use? That birthdate bug is both intrusive and annoying, and the entire look of the old version has this one beat all hollow. I notice we lost the twiter links, will the Faceplant ones go next?
            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

            Comment


            • #7
              We upgraded for a reason. We won't be going back, sorry.

              Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

              Comment


              • #8
                You spell "downgraded" funny, Clark.
                Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                  We upgraded for a reason. We won't be going back, sorry.
                  What was the reason for the upgrade?
                  Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The previous software had been end-of-life for at least 5 years - v4.2.4 Beta, vs. v5.5.3. All vendor software support was discontinued, and it was simply too antiquated to keep running.

                    Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                      The previous software had been end-of-life for at least 5 years - v4.2.4 Beta, vs. v5.5.3. All vendor software support was discontinued, and it was simply too antiquated to keep running.
                      Thanks. Good to know you had no choice but to upgrade.
                      Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The chocolate ration has been upgraded from 30 grams per day to 15 grams per day.
                        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It is going to take some getting used to. I had a heck of a time logging in (it kept wanting me to post as a new member... and of course my previous "handle" showed as already being taken). BUT I did get in. Thanks Clark, for all the work.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post

                            Thanks. Good to know you had no choice but to upgrade.
                            In other words, a Money Grab.

                            Craig

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                              In other words, a Money Grab.
                              Actually, there was no cost for the new software license. The Club's license allows us use of all versions - we just decided to hold off on the upgrade until it was no longer feasible to continue with the existing software. "End-Of-Life" = no support, no upgrades, no security patches, no new options / nada, nothing, zip. But I shouldn't have to explain this concept - after all, we all own Studebakers

                              Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X