Announcement

Collapse

This channel is for questions about how to use the Forum.

Please do not post automotive questions here.

See more
See less

Forum Navigation

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Navigation

How do you navigate from one thread to another? There used to be an option at the bottom of each page for previous/next thread. If it’s still here, I can’t find it.
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Studedude - That functionality seems to have been removed from the software. I'll add it to the wish list.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
      Studedude - That functionality seems to have been removed from the software. I'll add it to the wish list.
      Question: is this an updated version of the software we were formerly using, or is it a different platform altogether?
      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Originally posted by gordr View Post

Question: is this an updated version of the software we were formerly using, or is it a different platform altogether?
        It is an updated version. Sometimes developers remove features between versions and add others. Change is the only thing that remains constant

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Still vBulletin®
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10,
          '51 Commander Starlight,
          '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
          '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

It is an updated version. Sometimes developers remove features between versions and add others. Change is the only thing that remains constant
            Is the old version still available for use? That birthdate bug is both intrusive and annoying, and the entire look of the old version has this one beat all hollow. I notice we lost the twiter links, will the Faceplant ones go next?

Comment

We upgraded for a reason. We won't be going back, sorry.

Comment

You spell "downgraded" funny, Clark.

Comment

We upgraded for a reason. We won't be going back, sorry.
                  What was the reason for the upgrade?
                  Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

The previous software had been end-of-life for at least 5 years - v4.2.4 Beta, vs. v5.5.3. All vendor software support was discontinued, and it was simply too antiquated to keep running.

Comment

The previous software had been end-of-life for at least 5 years - v4.2.4 Beta, vs. v5.5.3. All vendor software support was discontinued, and it was simply too antiquated to keep running.
                      Thanks. Good to know you had no choice but to upgrade.
                      Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

The chocolate ration has been upgraded from 30 grams per day to 15 grams per day.

Comment

It is going to take some getting used to. I had a heck of a time logging in (it kept wanting me to post as a new member... and of course my previous "handle" showed as already being taken). BUT I did get in. Thanks Clark, for all the work.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post

Thanks. Good to know you had no choice but to upgrade.
                            In other words, a Money Grab.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                              In other words, a Money Grab.
                              Actually, there was no cost for the new software license. The Club's license allows us use of all versions - we just decided to hold off on the upgrade until it was no longer feasible to continue with the existing software. "End-Of-Life" = no support, no upgrades, no security patches, no new options / nada, nothing, zip. But I shouldn't have to explain this concept - after all, we all own Studebakers

Comment

Working...
                              X