This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by r1lark View Post
    I cannot get a link to go into the body of the post -- unless I use a [ URL ] and [ / URL ] on each end of the link.

How do you use the link button to get the link into the body of the post instead of hanging down at the bottom of the post??
    r1lark - There are a few different ways, but I assume the one you are asking about is being able to make a line of text into a link.
    • First, paste in your line of text.
    • Highlight it with your cursor.
    • Now find the icon in the editor toolbar that looks like a link of chain. (It's in the eighth section of toolbar icons from the left, between the justify options and the big quotation mark.)
    • Click that "link" icon.
    • A box will appear and you can paste in your URL.
    • Hit OK and your text will be linked.
    Here are some other ways to post links.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

• But when I click on my name only this comes up:

My Profile
      My Recent Posts
      User Settings
      Log Out

+ since yesterday it says I have a message but what ever I do I can't get to it.
      sigpic

Josephine
      Champion V8
      4d sedan

Comment

• Originally posted by showbizkid View Post

r1lark - There are a few different ways, but I assume the one you are asking about is being able to make a line of text into a link.
        • First, paste in your line of text.
        • Highlight it with your cursor.
        • Now find the icon in the editor toolbar that looks like a link of chain. (It's in the eighth section of toolbar icons from the left, between the justify options and the big quotation mark.)
        • Click that "link" icon.
        • A box will appear and you can paste in your URL.
        • Hit OK and your text will be linked.
        Here are some other ways to post links.
        Got it, thanks Clark!
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

• Hi Clark, Most of the new forum works great. The one issue that I have is the ability to go to the last page. On my phone, the line of blocks with page numbers comes up at the start of the first post. On my computer, I can't find the blocks until I get to the bottom of the first page. At the top there are the first page, and arrows to scroll through one page at a time, but if you use this option the back button won't take you back to the forum without scrolling back through all of the pages. It may just be my computer, and I love the way it works on my phone. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
            But when I click on my name only this comes up:

My Profile
            My Recent Posts
            User Settings
            Log Out

+ since yesterday it says I have a message but what ever I do I can't get to it.
            Click on the Messages button next to your name. Your notifications are displayed there.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by tsenecal View Post
              On my phone, the line of blocks with page numbers comes up at the start of the first post. On my computer, I can't find the blocks until I get to the bottom of the first page. At the top there are the first page, and arrows to scroll through one page at a time, but if you use this option the back button won't take you back to the forum without scrolling back through all of the pages.
              tsenecal - The PC one is actually a bit more flexible! See the screenshot below.

You can put your cursor in the box with the number in it, then type the page number you want to jump to and press "enter". It will take you there without having to go by increments, or needing to use the back / forward arrow buttons.

To get back to the Forum root without scrolling through all the pages, use the "breadcrumb" links in the top left corner. Each one of those is actually a clickable link! So if you click on the name of the channel you're viewing, it will take you to the first page of that board. Clicking on "General Interest" takes you to a list of the channels in that Forum group. And click ing "Forum" is the same as clicking the "Forums" tab, or clicking on the logo.

Cheers!

Comment

• Hmmm... when I do like I've been told I do: Click on my name, but no "Activities" comes up.
                I can get so see the posts I've written in, but I used to be able to find the ones I've posted myself.
                & I'm not on any kind of phone, it's a laptop.

I found out how to find the messages tou, but it was only mesages about if my questions (like here) has been anwered.
                sigpic

Josephine
                Champion V8
                4d sedan

Comment

• Clark-
                  When I go to the Chattanooga meet page, the old meets come up on top. Shouldn't the future meet be the one that comes up on top?
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

• Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                    Clark-
                    When I go to the Chattanooga meet page, the old meets come up on top. Shouldn't the future meet be the one that comes up on top?
                    Thanks Skip. I was looking at that yesterday and thinking the same thing! I’m looking into it.

Comment

• Thanks Clark. Been off line for a day or two. I'll give it a shot.

Comment

• Matthew,
                        On the other hand... Maybe the near decade and a half I've spent participating here is long enough.]
                        In my opinion, Eternity is not long enough.
                        You should realize how your posting pics of your great '51 Land Cruiser overhaul (And previous Avanti adventure) helps kick those of us in the butt to inspire us to get going on our own projects so don't sell yourself short on your inspirational capacity.
                        If you follow through with your proposal, you will affect many of us who faithfully follow your progress. You have a lot of knowledge and talent as well as an appreciated younger take on things in general which we can all benefit from so PLEASE reconsider your proposed actions or lack thereof.
                        On the medical side of things, I grew up with a mother who suffered terribly from migraines so I sympathize with you.

Faithfully a fan,
                        Cheers, Bill
                        Last edited by showbizkid; 10-04-2019, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• For those who have said that the Forum's white background was too bright, that the text looked "gray", or that hyperlinks were not dark enough, I have adjusted all of these items. Text and links are now darder colors, and the main backgrounds have been changed from white to a light gray. Hopefully this will help folks who have found the white background too bright.

Comment

• Hey Clark, just wondering here, what possessed over 18,000 users to be on that time referenced in the "Users on now" thing at the bottom of the main page ?

Comment

• Originally posted by j.byrd View Post
                              Hey Clark, just wondering here, what possessed over 18,000 users to be on that time referenced in the "Users on now" thing at the bottom of the main page ?
                              There are a lot of bots crawling the Internet. We have a lot of content to crawl (over 1,000,000 posts). Many of those "guests" being counted are bots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                                Matthew,

In my opinion, Eternity is not long enough.
                                You should realize how your posting pics of your great '51 Land Cruiser overhaul (And previous Avanti adventure) helps kick those of us in the butt to inspire us to get going on our own projects so don't sell yourself short on your inspirational capacity.
                                If you follow through with your proposal, you will affect many of us who faithfully follow your progress. You have a lot of knowledge and talent as well as an appreciated younger take on things in general which we can all benefit from so PLEASE reconsider your proposed actions or lack thereof.
                                On the medical side of things, I grew up with a mother who suffered terribly from migraines so I sympathize with you.

Faithfully a fan,
                                Cheers, Bill
                                Matthew is posting on the AACA Studebaker forum , so he is allright
                                I urged him to come back on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X