Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Upgrade Issues - Post Here

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post

    Thanks. I have done so and we'll see how it goes. It seems to me that you should have to specifically click the "subscribe" button to be notified that others have posted there. Otherwise, it's a real disincentive to post helpful hints -- one's in box fills up with alerts.
    It seems to me that's how it should work as well, Skip. I'm enquiring with the software support crew.

    Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

    Comment


    • Originally posted by showbizkid View Post

      It seems to me that's how it should work as well, Skip. I'm enquiring with the software support crew.
      I like the new avatar.

      Comment


      • On the old forum, you could ask to be notified by email of responses to a post. I don't see how to do that now. Can it be done?
        Ron Dame
        '63 Champ

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Ron Dame View Post
          On the old forum, you could ask to be notified by email of responses to a post. I don't see how to do that now. Can it be done?
          Ron Dame - check out the screenshot above. To get email responses to a post, you'd checkmark the two Discussion boxes ("Replies To Your Discussion", "Comments On Your Discussion". Then, from the Email Notifications dropdown menu, choose one of the "On" options:
          • On - sends you a notification for every reply
          • On, daily - sends you an email once a day with a list of topic replies
          • On, weekly - sends you an email digest once a week
          Cheers!

          Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

          Comment


          • I, too, find the baby blue text irritating and uncomfortable, especially when it's on a yellow background. We've been conditioned all of our lives to read black on white text, and adding color plus reducing contrast to make things "artsy" just makes reading more difficult, especially for those of us with older eyes.
            Gary Ash
            Dartmouth, Mass.

            '32 Indy car replica (in progress)
            ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
            '48 M5
            '65 Wagonaire Commander
            '63 Wagonaire Standard
            web site at http://www.studegarage.com

            Comment


            • Originally posted by garyash View Post
              I, too, find the baby blue text irritating and uncomfortable, especially when it's on a yellow background. We've been conditioned all of our lives to read black on white text, and adding color plus reducing contrast to make things "artsy" just makes reading more difficult, especially for those of us with older eyes.
              Blue text on a yellow background? Where is that Gary? My forum view is black text on a white background (except the original post which is black text on a very pale blue-gray background), both on my phone and on my PC.
              Last edited by r1lark; 09-27-2019, 10:57 AM.
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

              Comment


              • See the top of the General page where the stickies are, for example.
                Gary Ash
                Dartmouth, Mass.

                '32 Indy car replica (in progress)
                ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
                '48 M5
                '65 Wagonaire Commander
                '63 Wagonaire Standard
                web site at http://www.studegarage.com

                Comment


                • Originally posted by garyash View Post
                  See the top of the General page where the stickies are, for example.
                  Ah yes, really had not noticed that. Yep, I agree the blue letters are somewhat hard to read.
                  Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by r1lark View Post

                    Ah yes, really had not noticed that. Yep, I agree the blue letters are somewhat hard to read.
                    I agree it does up the degree of difficulty in reading but I've got my 15" Chromebook set to +175 zoom and it's quite readable and the screen is filled with forum and almost no border.

                    The win10 desktop has a 24" screen so no problem there.

                    Comment


                    • Hi Clark,
                      I have still been unable to locate my personal pics in the new media location. What could I possibly be doing wrong? How would I go about posting them?
                      Thanks again for your terrific dedication to making this forum the best!
                      Cheers,
                      Bill
                      bsozzard@gmail.com

                      Comment


                      • I wonder two things;
                        one is how I can find posts that I've made myself?
                        & the other is if I'm missing to see some sign that there's a photo in a posting before I open & read it? (There used to be before the change & as I'm such a softy for pictures I miss that...)
                        sigpic

                        Josephine
                        -55
                        Champion V8
                        4d sedan

                        Comment


                        • Nox-
                          Q1: click on your own name and click on Activities.
                          Skip Lackie

                          Comment


                          • I cannot get a link to go into the body of the post -- unless I use a [ URL ] and [ / URL ] on each end of the link.

                            How do you use the link button to get the link into the body of the post instead of hanging down at the bottom of the post??
                            Paul
                            Winston-Salem, NC
                            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                              I have still been unable to locate my personal pics in the new media location. What could I possibly be doing wrong?
                              Buzzard - here are a few steps. (You're probably missing the last one )
                              • Go to your User Profile. Click the Media tab.
                              • You'll see the thumbnail for your Posted Photos album. Click on it.
                              • Now, it's gonna say "No photos found." Don't worry: click the "Filter" command and select "Any Time"... and voila!

                              Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
                                I wonder two things; one is how I can find posts that I've made myself?
                                Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                                Nox - click on your own name and click on Activities.
                                Yep, that's it!

                                Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
                                & the other is if I'm missing to see some sign that there's a photo in a posting before I open & read it? (There used to be before the change & as I'm such a softy for pictures I miss that...)
                                The little paperclip will appear in threads where photos have been posted as Attachments (i.e., uploaded to the Forum's server).
                                For threads where people have used outside webhosts, there is no ability to indicate this.

                                I would suggest to anyone adding a thread with photos that they add the "photos" tag to their original post, so these can be easily searched!


                                Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X