X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
    And at the bottom of the pages you get these Nav buttons:
    Click image for larger version Name:	bottomnav.png Views:	0 Size:	3.6 KB ID:	1802574
    I'd still like to see those Nav buttons in the Topics titles as before, or at least at the top of the pages as well as the bottom.

I'm sure it can be done.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
      I'd still like to see those Nav buttons in the Topics titles
      I'll put it on the wish list, Craig.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Clark, I tried to change my settings as you recommended in post #43, but I can't save anything because it keeps telling me I have an invalid birthdate. But I can't change the birthdate on my profile. Arggggghh! I really don't want my birthdate in my profile anyway. So, I'm stuck in a loop............I also can't change anything in my User Settings because of this invalid birthdate. What should I do?

Also, I have 2000+ subscriptions, can you get rid of these?

Thanks for the help Clark!
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
          Thanks for the help Clark!
          All taken care of!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
            09-15-2019, 06:13 PMI logged on successfully on my laptop. However, when I attempted doing the same on my iPhone, it wouldn't accept my email address or password. So, I clicked the forgot button filled out the form and got a message that an email would be sent. The password I used to successfully log on using my laptop is what I used for the phone? I never got an email. So, I waited for a good amount of time and resent the info. Still have not received and email. I try to stay logged on the forum using the iPhone and computer so I can check on the forum when I'm away from my laptop.

Right now, I have managed to navigate some of the new settings (using my laptop) and have been able to set it up to my liking. I know there will be a few kinks & bugs to work through before we become as comfortable as we were with the previous version.
            [QUOTE 09-16-2019, 12:22 PM]

Wow...am I puzzled??? I can't sign on using my iPhone? I'm using the same user email address to sign on while using my laptop computer and the same password that works on the laptop!???? But...it will not accept it! So...I did the "forgot password" steps. After filling in the requested information, I get a message that I will get an email. I have done this over and over several times since last night. But the email never comes. Very frustrating![QUOTE]

THREE DAYS!!!! AND NO RESPONSE!!! WHAT TH' HECK IS GOING ON????

John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I don’t know, John,. You seem to be the only one having this problem. I am composing this from my iPhone as I type this. One thing s one is that shouting in red letters doesn’t help solve the issue.

I will look into the issue.
              Last edited by showbizkid; 09-18-2019, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                I don’t know, John,. You seem to be the only one having this problem. I am composing this from my iPhone as I type this. One thing s one is that shouting in red letters doesn’t help solve the issue.
                Sorry Clark...but I was beginning to wonder if I was invisible??? At least, your acknowledgement lets me know... you know.

Yesterday, on an unrelated issue, I spent 5 hours on the computer and phone dealing with AT&T (broken English) Tech Reps attempting to solve other issues and I suppose my frustration there has spilled over here.

The merger/acquisition of AT&T and Directv has been nothing short of a confusing Train-wreck! By the time I finished up with AT&T, my blood sugar reading had dropped into the 50's and there's no telling where my blood pressure had spiked! Before the day ended...I had done some real shouting! Maybe I should just take a sabbatical from IT activities for awhile. Believe it or not...I appreciate your efforts.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Also I am missing the page numbers on posts & also the date of the first posting.
                  & I'm not sure how to see if there's a picture in a post without opening it, I'm quite childish in that way as I really like pictures...
                  Must say (or rather write) that heroes who help us "complainers" are worth a LOT!
                  sigpic

Josephine
                  Champion V8
                  4d sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
                    Also I am missing the page numbers on posts & also the date of the first posting.
                    & I'm not sure how to see if there's a picture in a post without opening it, I'm quite childish in that way as I really like pictures...
                    Noxnabaker - Page numbers are at the top and bottom of each topic's page, so pretty easy to get to - unless it's something else you're referring to?

As for wondering whether there's photos: if you see this little paperclip:

Click image for larger version  Name:	photos.jpg Views:	0 Size:	7.9 KB ID:	1802724

...you'll know that there's photos posted in that thread

Comment

Aha, was just checking out "-51 Commander Starlight Coupe finished... for now" & I didn't see any picture sign before I enter the post like you just showed, maby it's just my computer?
                      & as for page numbers, that used to be visable before entering the post so it was easy to pick any page of choice.
                      sigpic

Josephine
                      Champion V8
                      4d sedan

Comment

What happened to the PM notification that was at the top. I don't see any connection with the PM program.

Comment

WRT John Clary's problem: I have had the same issue because of different email addresses. Put simply, my ISP got bought by another company, which a few years later was bought by yet another company. Each time this happened, I was informed that I now had a new email address: same beginning, but a new ISP company name after the @ sign. But curiously, the old email addresses still worked, and all email still came to my in box. When I bought a new computer and loaded the email software on it, the new computer used the newest address for outgoing mail. I have found that when I need to enter my email address, I must use the address that THAT computer uses (I have both a desktop and laptop; one uses the latest address and the other an older address). If I don't, I get a message back saying that the email address I entered is incorrect. Is it possible that John's phone is using a different (alias?) address from the one used by his computer?
                          Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by ndynis View Post
                            What happened to the PM notification that was at the top. I don't see any connection with the PM program.
                            ndynis - it's there, next to your login and settings box at the top right of every page: Click image for larger version

Name:	PM.png
Views:	87
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	1802876

If you don't see this when you have PMs, there's a chance you might have accidentally turned off notifications (if you edited Notices to remove thread subscriptions and unchecked the box unintentionally). Check Settings --> Notifications and make sure that notifications for PMs are turned on.

Comment

Sorry, don’t like it at all. I find myself not going to the forum much anymore, used to a zillion times a day. Worst is I can’t use a back arrow to return to where I started to simply read the next topic.

Comment

Originally posted by tim333 View Post
                                Sorry, don’t like it at all. I find myself not going to the forum much anymore, used to a zillion times a day. Worst is I can’t use a back arrow to return to where I started to simply read the next topic.
                                I feel the same way. Why come here any more if the screen glares at me like a white dwarf star? I will check in every month or so to see if it gets fixed. Lots of folks have my e-mail. Hasta luego.
                                Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Working...
                                X