Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We seem to have lost some posts in this thread. It ran four pages last night, and now were are back to three. And I know one post I made last night, regarding a glitch in the "user profile" has disappeared. I have not been anything other than respectful. What gives?

Oh, something else came to mind. The old Forum had a link near the bottom of each page for a quick jump to another topic. That seems to be missing. It was useful.
    Last edited by gordr; 09-17-2019, 09:21 AM. Reason: additional thought
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Thank you, everyone, for your contributions to this thread. I appreciate you helping me to get the board's functionality fine-tuned.

That said, please constrain your notes from this point on to bugs and non-working features.

Preferences regarding font choices, colors, width of pages, et cetera are just that - preferences. We can't please every single person's sense of design aesthetic - if we did, we'd wind up designing one of these:

...and believe me, no one wants that.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
        I think we had a misunderstanding. When you brought this up previously, I thought you were talking about posts per page, per topic. What you wanted was more topic displays in each discussion board channel. Now I understand I've increased the number of topics per channel page to 50, which I hope will satisfy everyone.
        Thank you very much. I noticed it had changed immediately. This makes "weeding" through posts much easier and faster.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gordr View Post
          We seem to have lost some posts in this thread...And I know one post I made last night, regarding a glitch in the "user profile" has disappeared.
          Sorry about that. In reference to your question, it turns out that users are not allowed to update their own birth dates. It has to do with how the software complies with a US law about protecting underage users online. (I know, most of us are a long, long way from underage, but the system is there just the same

Any users who need their birth date entered or corrected - please PM me.

Originally posted by gordr View Post
          Oh, something else came to mind. The old Forum had a link near the bottom of each page for a quick jump to another topic. That seems to be missing. It was useful.
          Yes, this is added to our Wish List, thanks.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Sorry about that. In reference to your question, it turns out that users are not allowed to update their own birth dates. It has to do with how the software complies with a US law about protecting underage users online. (I know, most of us are a long, long way from underage, but the system is there just the same

Any users who need their birth date entered or corrected - please PM me.
            This makes no sense to me. What is the difference between me telling you to change my birthdate and me doing it myself? Do you require some proof? Does a new user have to go through you to input their birthdate? Do they need to provide a birth certificate? BTW, I entered a phony one initially. A birthdate is used for medical records and other important stuff and I wanted my real one to be out there as little as possible.

BTW, no other forum I frequent requires a birth date.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

My posts used to show my signature. I went in settings to check mark that but cannot save it. Says invalid birth date.
              sigpic
              Claude Chmielewski
              Studeski
              http://www.studeski.com
              Fillmore, Wisconsin
              47 M-16 Truck
              53 2R5
              60 Lark VIII Convertible
              60 5E7 Champ pickup
              62 GT Hawk 4 speed
              63 Lark
              63 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
              64 Commander Wagonaire
              64 Daytona Convertible
              50 Champion Regal (parts car)
              36 Dictator
              36 Dictator in pieces

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post

This makes no sense to me. What is the difference between me telling you to change my birthdate and me doing it myself? Do you require some proof? Does a new user have to go through you to input their birthdate? Do they need to provide a birth certificate? BTW, I entered a phony one initially. A birthdate is used for medical records and other important stuff and I wanted my real one to be out there as little as possible.

BTW, no other forum I frequent requires a birth date.
                Rail at the government, Dick, not at me.

Comment

Two possible solutions: one, host the forum offshore. Two: set everybody's "birth date" to the date SDC was founded.
                  Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Rail at the government, Dick, not at me.
                    Don't be so defensive, Clark. I don't mean to sound like I'm railing at you. Mine is a genuine question/concern. I can't find anything on the internet that states that a DOB is required on all forums and that the system administrator is the only one that can enter this info. Can you link to something that helps explain this?
                    Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Hi Clark,
                      I read a reference (I believe in your yellow highlighted tab) to our previously posted pics being in the media tab. I can't see anything other than one pic I recall posting a few months ago. Am I doing something wrong (most likely)?
                      Bill

Comment

I would like to see the '1','2','3' and 'last' pages buttons return to the Topics the Main Category pages. This would be especially helpful for long-running threads, including the The Whistler thread, the 'Studes in America' thread, and 'Studebakers in the Movies' thread. That way, one can immediately jump to the latest posts on the 'last' page.

Thank you.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                          Hi Clark,
                          I read a reference (I believe in your yellow highlighted tab) to our previously posted pics being in the media tab. I can't see anything other than one pic I recall posting a few months ago.
                          Bill
                          Hey Buzzard - it's in the first post in this topic.

"Viewing all posted photos. You go to your Profile and click the new Media tab and want to look at ALL your posted photos. But the message "No Pictures Found" is displayed. To fix this, click the "Filter" dropdown in the top right corner of the display window and choose "Any Time". This will show you a pic of all photos uploaded to the Forum."

Comment

I see that the 'Items to sell or Want' segment is gone. Where did it go? Thanks, fred

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                              I would like to see the '1','2','3' and 'last' pages buttons return to the Topics the Main Category pages. This would be especially helpful for long-running threads, including the The Whistler thread, the 'Studes in America' thread, and 'Studebakers in the Movies' thread. That way, one can immediately jump to the latest posts on the 'last' page.
                              8E45E - Using The Whistler topic as a reference, you can see these features are already in the thread. At the top of the pages you see a numeric page selector:
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	topnav.png Views:	0 Size:	23.0 KB ID:	1802575

And at the bottom of the pages you get these Nav buttons:
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	bottomnav.png Views:	0 Size:	3.6 KB ID:	1802574

When a topic appears in the main Forum listing, you can always click the blue arrow next to the poster's name to jump directly to the latest post:

Click image for larger version  Name:	lastpost.png Views:	0 Size:	8.1 KB ID:	1802576

Clark

Comment

Originally posted by fpd View Post
                                I see that the 'Items to sell or Want' segment is gone. Where did it go? Thanks, fred
                                fpd - Fred, it's not gone, it's right on the homepage. Here's a direct link.

Comment

Working...
                                X