X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jclary
    replied
    I logged on successfully on my laptop. However, when I attempted doing the same on my iPhone, it wouldn't accept my email address or password. So, I clicked the forgot button filled out the form and got a message that an email would be sent. The password I used to successfully log on using my laptop is what I used for the phone? I never got an email. So, I waited for a good amount of time and resent the info. Still have not received and email. I try to stay logged on the forum using the iPhone and computer so I can check on the forum when I'm away from my laptop.

Right now, I have managed to navigate some of the new settings (using my laptop) and have been able to set it up to my liking. I know there will be a few kinks & bugs to work through before we become as comfortable as we were with the previous version.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    I've noticed, when I look at a post, and especially respond to a post, once I hit "reply" that topic disappears from the recent list.
    A couple times I've had a second thought ( I often have many), I wanted to add to my response and I can't find the topic to add any edit.

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    Originally posted by studegary View Post
    I logged in yesterday and clicked on the save me box. Today, I had to log in again.
    studegary , make certain you are logging in with the "https://" prefix as shown in this post. Then log in and check the "Remember Me" box.

Originally posted by studegary View Post
    I do not see how to go to "all new posts" as I used to.
    I prefer that each topic start with the newest post and work back, not start from the beginning and work forward.
    Gary, there are two ways you can do this.
    1. The "New Topics" menu at the top of the Forums tab lists all topics with new posts you haven't read.
    2. The new "Latest Topics" box on the front page shows a few of the new topics since your last visit. Click the "View All" button at the bottom to see all of them.

Click image for larger version  Name:	new_posts.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.9 KB ID:	1802094

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    I do not see how to go to "all new posts" as I used to.
    I prefer that each topic start with the newest post and work back, not start from the beginning and work forward.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    I logged in yesterday and clicked on the save me box. Today, I had to log in again.

Leave a comment:

• Mark L
    replied
    Yep, that was the problem. When I added https:// to the URL, the login fields were displayed as I expected.

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    Originally posted by gsx_martin View Post
    For me it is not possible to send PM.
    Thank you Martin. I've found the error and fixed it.

Leave a comment:

• gsx_martin
    replied
    For me it is not possible to send PM.
    I've got following Error message:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Anmerkung 2019-09-15 064958.png
Views:	451
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1802036

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark L View Post
    When using Firefox, if I select a photograph to view in a post, the photograph opens, but there are no "forward", "back" or "next", "previous" buttons to go directly to the next photograph.
    Mark, it depends on whether the original poster added his images inline (i.e., one at a time), or all at once. If he added them all at once, you will have the nav controls in the enlargement box - see my series below. If they were entered inline, they are not navigable. It was like this on the old site as well.

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark L View Post
    When using Microsoft Edge for Windows 10, and I try to use the "Login or Sign Up" link in the upper right corner, a pop-up window opens, but it has the following message instead of displaying the User Name and Password fields:

"This content can’t be shown in a frame
    Mark, make sure you are using the secure website address, beginning with https:// at the beginning of the URL. Using "http" or just "forum.studebakerdriversclub.com" is not secure and so the browser rebels and gives you that dumb message.

Name:	https_address.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	1802024

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert Crandall View Post
    Hello. I see the changes. From my computer using Microsoft edge and Windows 10, I do not see an option to 'log on'.
    Robert, please check in the upper righthand corner of the browser window, just underneath your toolbar and above the Search box. See screen below.

Name:	edge_login.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1802021

Leave a comment:

• Mark L
    replied
    When using Firefox, if I select a photograph to view in a post, the photograph opens, but there are no "forward", "back" or "next", "previous" buttons to go directly to the next photograph. In order to see the next photograph, I must close the first photograph and go back to the message, then select the next photograph from the message. This is very frustrating and adds a lot of key-clicks to navigate.

I tried to use Microsoft Edge for Windows 10 to see if maybe it was something related to Firefox (I occasionally come across other websites that do not play well with Firefox), but I could not log in using IE due to the problem I mentioned in post #4.
    Last edited by Mark L; 09-14-2019, 07:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mark L
    replied
    When using Microsoft Edge for Windows 10, and I try to use the "Login or Sign Up" link in the upper right corner, a pop-up window opens, but it has the following message instead of displaying the User Name and Password fields:

"This content can’t be shown in a frame

There is supposed to be some content here, but the publisher doesn’t allow it to be displayed in a frame. This is to help protect the security of any information you might enter into this site.

Try this
    Privacy statement"

When I use Firefox, I do not have any problems logging in.
    Last edited by Mark L; 09-14-2019, 07:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Looks decent..
    I liked the 'whats new' feature.
    Can't wait to see something new <lol>..

Leave a comment:

• Robert Crandall
    replied
    Hello. I see the changes. From my computer using Microsoft edge and Windows 10, I do not see an option to 'log on'. Of course, nothing works until you do. Only when I managed to find a place to send a message to an administrator was I given the option to log in. What am I missing? Thanks! Robert Crandall

Leave a comment:

Working...
X