This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Gord.

Dick Steinkamp , r1lark - sometimes the post counters do not update properly and must be manually reset. Thanks for calling the issue to my attention; I ran the routine this morning and got it unstuck

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

• Clark-
      I think I understand your explanation above, but the problem, which is a mild annoyance at worst, is still happening. See my post #147 above. This morning about half of the threads with new posts were not updated and do not show as including unread posts.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

• Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
        Clark-
        I think I understand your explanation above, but the problem, which is a mild annoyance at worst, is still happening. See my post #147 above. This morning about half of the threads with new posts were not updated and do not show as including unread posts.
        Yep, I see it too. I've filed an SR with the software authors.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

• OK, I have a new issue. The "message center" lacks a "reply" button. And, no, I don't have any script blockers running for this site.
          Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

• Originally posted by gordr View Post
            OK, I have a new issue. The "message center" lacks a "reply" button. And, no, I don't have any script blockers running for this site.
            gordr - When you first click into it, all you see is a preview of received messages.
            1. Click the "Inbox" link on the left menu.
            2. Now click on the title of the message you want to read / reply to.
            3. The message will open and you can reply in the edit box at the bottom.

Comment

• Yeah. That works now. Funny, it didn't before.
              Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

• Clark, the Last Poster function at the Right of a "Board" List is Still Failing.
                See Your Post #19 where I believe you deleted My Post that referenced some of the Posts it has happened on.

Sometimes the NEXT to the Last Poster is shown, is that because the Forum TIME is Wrong maybe?

Other times the First Poster is shown as Last, when it clearly is NOT.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

• I know. It is an open issue. I am fully aware. Thank you.

Comment

• Hitting “what’s new” brings up the posts not shown - for me.

Comment

• I haven't been reading this post for a while so I don't know if this has been asked already... If you've commented in a post & later find (not yet thou. but a thought) what you've written seems silly or maby just not needed, then there's no "delete" possibility as it used to be in the old forum, am I right?
                      For example; if I find this whole question stupid it'll be impossible for me to remove it later.
                      sigpic

Josephine
                      Champion V8
                      4d sedan

Comment

• Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
                        I haven't been reading this post for a while so I don't know if this has been asked already... If you've commented in a post & later find (not yet thou. but a thought) what you've written seems silly or maby just not needed, then there's no "delete" possibility as it used to be in the old forum, am I right?
                        For example; if I find this whole question stupid it'll be impossible for me to remove it later.
                        Nox, there is definitely an "edit" option button that shows up in the lower right hand corner of a post that you yourself make. But I see that it does not contain any 'delete' option as in the old forum. Guess you can use the edit function to wipe out what you posted, but the post will still be there?

Looking forward to Clark's response.
                        Paul
                        Winston-Salem, NC
                        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
                          I haven't been reading this post for a while so I don't know if this has been asked already... If you've commented in a post & later find (not yet thou. but a thought) what you've written seems silly or maby just not needed, then there's no "delete" possibility as it used to be in the old forum, am I right?
                          Originally posted by r1lark View Post
                          Nox, there is definitely an "edit" option button that shows up in the lower right hand corner of a post that you yourself make. But I see that it does not contain any 'delete' option as in the old forum. Guess you can use the edit function to wipe out what you posted, but the post will still be there?
                          Noxnabaker , r1lark - you are correct. Delete Post is not enabled for users at the moment. There's a reason though... some folks were using the feature to post nasty comments and jabs at others, then "deleting" them afterward and claiming innocence (even though moderators like me can see all user-deleted posts). So We turned off that feature for the time being. Perhaps it will reappear... we'll see.

In the meantime, if you have posted something you'd like to get rid of, just use the "Flag" button at the bottom of the post and request it be deleted. Your Mod Squad will take care of it for you.

Comment

• Aha, thanx for explaining it, I thought it was just me who didn't see it or that it might be hiding under some other word than "delete".
                            & I hope I didn't write any nasty comment!
                            sigpic

Josephine
                            Champion V8
                            4d sedan

Comment

• Originally posted by showbizkid View Post

Your Mod Squad will take care of it for you.
                              Hmmm.........SDC Forum Mod Squad.........do y'all drive around in the Studebaker Museum's woody wagon?
                              Paul
                              Winston-Salem, NC
                              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

• I'm 70 years old and my eyes don't like the low contrast between blue text and grey background. It simply means I don't visit the forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X