This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthew will be back..
    He made a point, and others ran it up the greased pig flagpole...
    Matthew is busy, and the SDC forum is not his number one priority.
    Give Matthew a chance... He will respond in his own time and in his own way.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

• Just noticed this weirdness.... After I post on a thread, when it shows up again it will show my avatar at the end, and note the number that I posted - but doesn't track any other posts after my post. If I click on the thread, I can read everyone's responses after mine, but it stops counting after I post.... And that's odd, to say the least.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
        Just noticed this weirdness.... After I post on a thread, when it shows up again it will show my avatar at the end, and note the number that I posted - but doesn't track any other posts after my post. If I click on the thread, I can read everyone's responses after mine, but it stops counting after I post.... And that's odd, to say the least.
        Thanks for mentioning that. Apparently, the "Response Counter" (I really don't know what it's called), is not keeping up/broken/malfunctioning...I'm seeing that on several threads. It appears to be inconsistent, and certainly unreliable. I was reluctant to point it out because I figured Clark has enough on him without me blasting away on what I see as a minor issue. But, if others are experiencing the same issue, I suppose it is time to look into it.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

• Thanks guys. Known issue; working on the fix.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

• Clark, I know you don't want to hear this, but the light blue text on gray background is really annoying and not easily read. The contrast is too low. Look at any other forum or web page: it's black text on white background. The average age of the SDC group is about 70 - we can't see very well. Please help us by reverting back to standard colors! Note that every newspaper or book you see is black text on white background. There is a reason for that - or many reasons.
            Last edited by garyash; 10-11-2019, 06:01 PM.
            Gary Ash
            Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
            ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
            '48 M5
            '65 Wagonaire Commander
            '63 Wagonaire Standard
            web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

• Well, when it was a white message background, we had members complaining that the pages were “glaring at [them] like a dwarf star”, to quote Gord. Additionally, all the hyperlinks in text have been changed to Web-standard blue.

We can’t please 100% of users. I wish we could...

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

• I can read everything just fine.
                It's the content that is hard to take <lol>...
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

• I can read everything just fine...…. It's the content that is hard to take <lol>...
                  You so funny, Jeff!

He's right - it IS easy to read... now.

The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

• Has ANYONE ever figured out what is Wrong with the Post Title and Photo at the right of every Post on "whichever Forum you are on" LISTING Page, under "Last Post"?

It will sometimes show the original Poster's name with or with another Poster's Picture, other times with the next to the Last Poster's Picture or Last Poster mixed the the Name of the OP in other words, whatever way this data can be incorrectly Mixed Up, it IS!

For instance, at the moment 10/15/19 4:32 PM this Post;
                    https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....ol-stude-photo

when you go to the General Topics Listing, shows Chris Pile (the 2nd. Poster) as the OP with My Picture, (the Last Poster), the Correct 1st. Poster is actually Stunt!
                    Last edited by StudeRich; 10-15-2019, 03:45 PM.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

• Clark, not and issue per se, but a question. In this picture:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	forum.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	1807336
                      What is the difference between the blue circled page, and the white circled page?

Why does the white circled page not have the small blue circle with the down arrows that takes you to the latest post?

Just trying to understand better!
                      Paul
                      Winston-Salem, NC
                      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

• r1lark - white page means you have read, or marked as read, all posts in the thread. Blue page means there are new posts you haven’t read. The blue arrow only appears when there is a new post to read.

Comment

• Clark-
                          I understand your explanation, but it ain't working for me. When I first log on, even after a day or so, most of the threads show up as having been read, even if there are many unread posts in them. And the date/time of the most recent post has NOT been updated. So I have to open all threads I am interested in and slog down to the bottom manually.
                          The only ones that show up as unread are the ones that I have never clicked on. [Amendment: that statement is only partially true. Threads I have never read show up as unread. SOME threads that have new unread posts are displayed in bold face, while others do not show up as having unread items, and those new posts are not noted on the listing -- as Dick pointed out.]
                          Last edited by Skip Lackie; 10-21-2019, 03:36 AM.
                          Skip Lackie

Comment

• When I look at this post at 4:25 PM PDT Oct 20, I see that the last post was made by j.byrd at 4:28 PM yesterday

But when I click on it, I find that there are 6 posts after j.byrd's and that the last two posts have nothing to do with this thread but "migrated" here from some other thread. I've seen several other like this, or where the first several posts in a thread are missing.
                            Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

• Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                              r1lark - white page means you have read, or marked as read, all posts in the thread. Blue page means there are new posts you haven’t read. The blue arrow only appears when there is a new post to read.
                              Well, that's what I figured. But..........I always hit the "Mark Forums Read" button when I'm done reading the forum. Thus, by definition, when I come back the next time and hit the "What's New" button, all the posts should have a blue page. But there are always some (10 - 15 percent) of posts that come up with a white page. Something ain't working right.
                              Paul
                              Winston-Salem, NC
                              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

• Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                                Well, when it was a white message background, we had members complaining that the pages were “glaring at [them] like a dwarf star”, to quote Gord. Additionally, all the hyperlinks in text have been changed to Web-standard blue.

We can’t please 100% of users. I wish we could...
                                Well, Clark, a lot of the stuff I complained about a few weeks ago has been fixed. Default font seems larger, better contrast on the pale gray background, and the annoying margins have been narrowed right down, leastwise as it renders on this computer, using Brave browser on Win 7. My computer in AZ runs an older iteration of Brave running on Linux Mint, so it might be a rendering thing that is browser-specific. And the blinding white at the bottom of the blue-fade bands (which was the cause of my dwarf star remark) is gone. Fade ends at pale blue now. I know you have been working on it, as these improvement have come piecemeal. Thanks for your efforts! So, I guess I will end my hiatus. Most of the objectionable stuff has been fixed, except that damned FecesBook button!
                                Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Working...
                                X