Green Hybrid Studebaker Truck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Hybrid Studebaker Truck!

Many of you who were at the 2007 SDC International Meet in Studebaker's home, South Bend, IN, especially Gordo, and Bams50 know our friend, helper and Tranny builder Bob Garbareno (Doc) who brought all the parts and tools and with Gordo's parts, tools and help plus other forum members like Phil Hendrickson & Tom Bredehoft they rebuilt Bob Andrews (bams50)'s '60 Lark VIII T-86 Overdrive Transmission right in our Swap meet stall.

Well, guess what... Doc has become the next SDC member and Stude. Truck Farmer to have his own first Studebaker Truck! It's a 1959 Studebaker Deluxe 1/2 Ton 4E7-112 short bed with 289 and 3 spd. Overdrive.

It is a GREEN Truck, complete with 110V AC Power Cord! Found right here in Whatcom County, Washington![^] Congrats
    Doc! Here's the hybrid's power cord! (might also be a engine block heater!)
    [img][/img]
    It has a great Hood, front panel and decent Deluxe chrome trim!
    [img][/img]
    It has some rust issues, but they are from the outside in, not from salt from the inside out!
    [img][/img]
    It's just the model & wheelbase he wanted! Needs some work, but still a good buy!
    [img][/img]
    It had some homemade large rubber stone guards on the rear fenders! The bumper is a bit overkill, I think it's leaving!
    It is easy to see that this truck has done lots of work, no grocery getter! And probably some play too, it even has a Rifle Rack!

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Well... you just knew I would have to reply to this post! Great to see another truck in the hands of a happy new owner.[8D]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>
    [img]
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Well... you just knew I would have to reply to this post! Great to see another truck in the hands of a happy new owner.[8D]

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar
      3E-6/7-122
      </h5>
      [img]
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Oh, that's great to hear, Rich!! You can bet, I haven't forgotten what a great guy Doc is, and what he did for a total stranger's Stude!

Just to remind us, I couldn't find a trans. for Molly, and had wanted to bring her to the Meet in SB Gord had suggested rebuilding it at the Meet. Out of the blue I get a phone call from Doc offering to not only do just that, but bring all the parts, tools, and cleaning supplies! He got the Gahlbecks involved, and they generously allowed use of their area under cover (thank Heavens!) at their Studebakers Northwest area. The rebuild happened with Doc, Gord, Tom Bredehoft, and Phil Hendrickson doing the work (and very successfully, I might add!)[^]

Good for you, Doc- I hope the truck brings you all the enjoyment you deserve! And I still have a copy of the trans. rebuild video for you- and the Gahlbecks- if at any time you decide you want one[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Oh, that's great to hear, Rich!! You can bet, I haven't forgotten what a great guy Doc is, and what he did for a total stranger's Stude!

Just to remind us, I couldn't find a trans. for Molly, and had wanted to bring her to the Meet in SB Gord had suggested rebuilding it at the Meet. Out of the blue I get a phone call from Doc offering to not only do just that, but bring all the parts, tools, and cleaning supplies! He got the Gahlbecks involved, and they generously allowed use of their area under cover (thank Heavens!) at their Studebakers Northwest area. The rebuild happened with Doc, Gord, Tom Bredehoft, and Phil Hendrickson doing the work (and very successfully, I might add!)[^]

Good for you, Doc- I hope the truck brings you all the enjoyment you deserve! And I still have a copy of the trans. rebuild video for you- and the Gahlbecks- if at any time you decide you want one[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Hey, Doc

Congratulations. Looks like you found a winner!

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
            53 Starliner Hardtop
            Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Hey, Doc

Congratulations. Looks like you found a winner!

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
              53 Starliner Hardtop
              Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Congratulations, Doc. That's a nice Transtar, and nicely equipped.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Comment

Right Gord; I assume you mean nice "Transtar Type", or "C" cab!

As I am sure you know the '59's are "Studebakers", It has a great big outside script on the dash and both doors to remind us!

That was the oddball year that somebody got the brilliant idea, after only 2 models (2E, 3E) and 3 years use 1956-58, that a really great name like "Transtar" should be canned! [xx(]

Maybe it was the same "Director" that repeatedly year after year made sure that the Truck division got no more money than the Executives spend on lunch, for Style or mechanical upgrades to the fine Truck line! [V]

In the later years they could only afford to make "free" changes like swapping the nameplates around! [V]

Then in 1960, after the Champ came out, they brought the Transtar name back for the only remaining "C" cabs left; the 1 Ton and larger models. [^]

quote:Originally posted by gordr

StudeRich
                    Studebakers Northwest
                    Ferndale, WA
                    StudeRich
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Right Gord; I assume you mean nice "Transtar Type", or "C" cab!

As I am sure you know the '59's are "Studebakers", It has a great big outside script on the dash and both doors to remind us!

That was the oddball year that somebody got the brilliant idea, after only 2 models (2E, 3E) and 3 years use 1956-58, that a really great name like "Transtar" should be canned! [xx(]

Maybe it was the same "Director" that repeatedly year after year made sure that the Truck division got no more money than the Executives spend on lunch, for Style or mechanical upgrades to the fine Truck line! [V]

In the later years they could only afford to make "free" changes like swapping the nameplates around! [V]

Then in 1960, after the Champ came out, they brought the Transtar name back for the only remaining "C" cabs left; the 1 Ton and larger models. [^]

quote:Originally posted by gordr

StudeRich
                      Studebakers Northwest
                      Ferndale, WA
                      StudeRich
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I had just assumed that Doc was already a Stude owner [|)]
                        Congrats on your purchase Doc, I am sure you will enjoy your newest challange

Studebaker Fever
                        60 Lark
                        56 Power Hawk
                        Phil Hendrickson
                        Arnold, Missouri

Studebaker Fever
                        60 Lark
                        56 Power Hawk
                        Phil Hendrickson
                        Arnold, Missouri

Comment

I had just assumed that Doc was already a Stude owner [|)]
                          Congrats on your purchase Doc, I am sure you will enjoy your newest challange

Studebaker Fever
                          60 Lark
                          56 Power Hawk
                          Phil Hendrickson
                          Arnold, Missouri

Studebaker Fever
                          60 Lark
                          56 Power Hawk
                          Phil Hendrickson
                          Arnold, Missouri

Comment

Nice ride Doc. Congrats, I bet it will shift like new.

Gordon

Comment

Nice ride Doc. Congrats, I bet it will shift like new.

Gordon

Comment

Working...
                              X