PDA

View Full Version : Goodguys Pleasanton Ca.

StudebakerGene
03-21-2017, 05:49 PM
Goodguys is this weekend in Pleasanton Ca. I'm bringing the Coupe Express and was wondering how many other Studebaker people are planning on coming, maybe we could all rally up with our Marquee somewhere --- dare to be different!

lumpy
03-21-2017, 09:10 PM
Sadly can't make Pleasanton this year. But will be at Del Mar the following weekend, with my 37 chevy as the lark is not finished yet. I will try to take pics of stude's at the meet and post them .:D

StudebakerGene
03-21-2017, 10:04 PM
It was a nice show last year, unfortunately my champ was in Reno and we didn't come in the spring either. We did make the summer without Champ and only saw 3 Studes, I know a lot of SDC don't care for Goodguys, I love a car show anytime, gives me exposure to all the new ideas out there, plus they have a decent swap meet for mostly brand x's---

bensherb
03-21-2017, 11:37 PM
You must have been there the wrong day last summer. My GT was parked along side 5 other Studes on Saturday. Just parked with 1 other Friday and Sunday. I don't usually go to to the other Goodguys shows anymore. After 30 years they're all the same.

Walnut Creek, eh? Sequoia chapter had a get together at the model railroad at Larkey Park last Saturday. Several Studes came but no coupe expresses.

scottsewall
03-22-2017, 02:08 AM
Hey Gene, I'm planing on going on Sat if the rain is light. I'll look for your Coupe Express.

StudebakerGene
03-22-2017, 09:45 AM
Had to work last weekend, I did see the railroad get together listed but I was actually trying to get the C.E. ready and some what presentable for Goodguys. We came last year on Sunday and I took photos of a "clone" R3 Avanti and saw only 2 more Studebakers, don't remember any GT's --- sorry I missed the group session on Saturday. It does mention a little chance for rain this Saturday, hope it holds off!

Pat Dilling
03-22-2017, 11:16 AM
I had considered it, but the rain is discouraging me at this point. I will be at Kool April Nites in Redding at the end of April. Hoping we dodge the rain there.

StudebakerGene
03-22-2017, 12:41 PM
I think from what they are forecasting is very lght chance, rained hard here in Walnut Creek this A.M. and the sun is shinning now, mine needs a wash anyway Pat!

Pat Dilling
03-22-2017, 01:03 PM
I'm not so concerned about rain falling at the show, but on the 250 mile round trip to get there and back, driving with the idiots on I-80. :-)

StudebakerGene
03-22-2017, 01:08 PM
I completely understand, maybe I can make it back up to the Wheelbarrow races again this year, last year was a hoot, look forward to seeing you again Pat!

Pat Dilling
03-22-2017, 01:16 PM
You bet Gene. The John M Studebaker Wheelbarrow Races in Placerville on Father's Day are always a good time. And the people love to see our Studebakers there! This will be the 73rd Running. We are planning to have the PSW Zone Meet in Sacramento or Folsom in 2019 which would give folks a chance to attend the 75th Running the next day.

candbstudebakers
03-23-2017, 09:47 AM
I'm not so concerned about rain falling at the show, but on the 250 mile round trip to get there and back, driving with the idiots on I-80. :-)

Pat why would you want to drive down on I-80? it is way out of the way for you, try I-5 0r 99.