New 36 Dictator 4 door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 36 Dictator 4 door

I've just purchased a 36 4 door Dictator and am seeking any information about these, mostly on line. I certainly would appreciate any direction I can get to learn anything about car. Even things like what oil is recommended now? It's a driver for sure and in good shape too. I'm a member of the drivers club so have been looking there, I've a copy of the shop manual and chassis part catalogue but would like to find more - internet format is fine - so I can better understand what I've purchased! Thanks

Go the and AACA site and scroll down to the Studebaker section. There is where the pre-war car owners exchange information. There is also an Antique Studebaker Club with an bimonthly magazine. You can join at 763-420-7829.

Comment

Found it, Thanks

Comment

Your car will have been covered with an extensive article in Turning Wheels some time in the past. Someone here may have an index to tell you which issue featured the 1936s. Then you can purchase that back issue.
        Last edited by kurtruk; 03-22-2017, 08:18 PM.
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Turning Wheels December 1981 has the Feature Article on 1936s.
          Turning Wheels September 1987 has an article titled: Coast to Coast in a 1936 Dictator.
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Excellent, thank you. I'll get those issues ordered

Comment

And the pic of you and your boy under the car, GREAT stuff

Comment

Thanks and I am in contact with those folks you recommended.
                Do you have any links to any literature about this vintage, Technical, marketing, or anything to get a feel for the times and these cars? I've had little sucess with my web searches other than the Drivers Club and the Museum.
                Thanks
                Jeff

Comment

Working...
                X