Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Considering Dentistry for a second career...Stude-Related!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering Dentistry for a second career...Stude-Related!

'Just helped a good friend who has been sans-Studebaker too long, get another Stude. Getting him into another Studebaker was about like pulling teeth, so I'm considering a second career in dentistry.

(He'll have to see this post and disclose the particulars, confidentiality being what it is today.) BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 03-22-2017, 06:11 AM.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    'Just helped a good friend who has been sans-Studebaker too long, get another Stude. Getting him into another Studebaker was about like pulling teeth, so I'm considering a second career in dentistry.

(He'll have to see this post and disclose the particulars , confidentiality being what it is today.) BP
    LOL Bob; I'm happy to do the 'reveal' here, and I'd already done so on Facebook.

My "cold call" post a couple weeks back about 'Looking for a '65 or '66 Cruiser six' was answered by several folks, one of whom being 'Joncon' on the forum. Bob offered to check the car out, since it was fairly close to where he lives. It was described as a rust-free, original paint 26K mile '66 Cruiser in Timberline Turquoise with matching cloth interior, no PS, no PB, AM radio, and Stude wire wheel covers which were actually on the production order (first time I'd ever seen that). Bob said it was just as 'Joncon' had described. John, the seller, and I communicated and it sounded like the perfect Stude for me, in a color I liked a lot, and not being even remotely mechanically inclined, the 283 engine, flanged rear axle, and no PS or PB were all pluses to me if and when the car does need service.

I'm low-tech about posting pics here, but if Bob feels inclined, perhaps he can post one here (hint, hint!).

Bob is delivering the car to me in the near-future and I want to publicly thank him for all the help and to John for answering my forum ad for a Cruiser.

It's all good.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment

OMG, the cat's out of the bag!

A few pix for the terminally curious.

As inspected March 5, 2017. It's a sweetheart:

Copy of Production Order:

March 19, 2017. Safely stored among other collector cars in Brownsburg IN, awaiting shipment to Kent OH as soon as my Income Taxes are finished. (Wire Wheels Covers, as rare as they are, have been removed and will remain stored in the trunk until Bill takes them out!):

Congrats, Bill; this is easily the nicest Studebaker you've ever owned. BP
      Last edited by BobPalma; 03-20-2017, 06:30 PM. Reason: spelling
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks, Bob. My Skytop was a special one, but this is definitely the most original/solid Studebaker I'll have owned, of the four I've owned.
        Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        All are in Australia now

Comment

Great catch Bill! Easily a roadworthy car for today's traffic. So many things to enjoy when out with it. Prepare for the questions..."What is that?" "Well...who made Studebaker?" "Nice green color." "Nice blue color." "Why did you install the Chevy engine?" "Where did you get the Chevy engine?" "What year is that?"

Then, there's always the blank expressions, from those hearing the answers, but having difficulty processing them. Enjoy the ride!
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
            Great catch Bill! Easily a roadworthy car for today's traffic. So many things to enjoy when out with it. Prepare for the questions..."What is that?" "Well...who made Studebaker?" "Nice green color." "Nice blue color." "Why did you install the Chevy engine?" "Where did you get the Chevy engine?" "What year is that?"

Then, there's always the blank expressions, from those hearing the answers, but having difficulty processing them. Enjoy the ride!
            I'm sure he's already prepared.

He owned a '66 Daytona before this one: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...new-66-Daytona

Craig

Comment

Thanks, John!

Can't get a thing past Craig!
              Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
                Thanks, John!

Can't get a thing past Craig!
                That's true... Craig has gotta be the champion of forum memory, using the forum search feature, and posting links!
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

For all you trivia buffs who may have noticed the car's chrome tail light housings and production date of Nov 12, 1965: The car originally had painted tail light housings that were a little chipped, as we know the paint didn't stick to them very well.

John Thompson (from whom Bill bought the car) replaced them with the chrome units. The original painted units are with the car in case Bill wants them later for some reason. BP

Comment

Nice catch Bill! I guess it's true that good things come to those who wait. ENJOY!
                    PS. Please don't send this one "down under".
                    Jim
                    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
                      Nice catch Bill! I guess it's true that good things come to those who wait. ENJOY!
                      PS. Please don't send this one "down under". Jim
                      I dunno, Jim; I hear the Aussies are jonesing for a bulk discount.

I'm thinking we should all pitch in and buy Bill a stuffed Koala bear to keep in the back seat to get the car's persona ready for its eventual fate. BP

Comment

I dunno, Jim; I hear the Aussies are jonesing for a bulk discount.

I'm thinking we should all pitch in and buy Bill a stuffed Koala bear to keep in the back seat to get the car's persona ready for its eventual fate. BP
                        "Never say never", but I have a hunch I'll have this car for a good, long time.
                        Bill Pressler
                        Kent, OH
                        All are in Australia now

Comment

For all you trivia buffs who may have noticed the car's chrome tail light housings and production date of Nov 12, 1965: The car originally had painted tail light housings that were a little chipped, as we know the paint didn't stick to them very well.
                          Yep, it was January, 1966, the change to all-chrome was made: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ht=refreshaire

Craig

Comment

Bob , actually that's probably a pretty good choice for a second career , as i am sure a dentist makes more than my second job " baby sitter "
                            btw, nice score Bill

Comment

Beautiful car , But whoever owns that garage might want to think about a moisture barrier , Its amazing how much moisture comes up thru Cement , I use indoor out door carpet , just saying , Ed

Comment

Working...
                              X