PCV Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: PCV Valve

Anyone have a part number for a PCV valve that will work on a 259? I need one that is 3/8" barb fitting on both ends.

What year 259 CA only or other? Don't have any numbers except 289 Avanti screw in style. If a universal style will work (not the best way) https://www.summitracing.com/parts/s...FYKKswod_B4BJA
    Free Shipping - Beck/Arnley PCV Valves with qualifying orders of $109. Shop PCV Valves at Summit Racing.

Free Shipping - Beck/Arnley PCV Valves with qualifying orders of $109. Shop PCV Valves at Summit Racing.

Comment

It's a 62 Lark. There is a 3/8" line from the lifter valley to the carb and the PCV valve is just in the middle of the line. Looks like the second part you listed from Summit should work. All the ones I found before were 1/2" or bigger on one side.

Comment

Remember, each valve is designed to allow a certain flow--a controlled vacuum leak--so you may need to try more than one, in case it makes your car idle too high-low, or seems to screw up your performance too much. I wasn't able to locate the "right" one on any of our vendors websites, so it will be trial and error. When you find one that works-please post here for someone else in need.
        This list hasn't been updated in years but some of them still help in locating substitute parts no luck on the pcv valve interchange from delco though
        Last edited by karterfred88; 03-19-2017, 09:56 AM.

Comment

All of the applications for that valve are 4 Cyl. Engines, that may not have ENOUGH Flow!

There should be some AC (GM) brand PCV valves available that are for approx. 300 c.i.d. or less Chrysler or GM V8's.

AC and Norris Thermador made almost all of the New York/Calif. requirement to Register/Plate, 1961 PCV conversion Kits for U.S. V8's and 6's.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X