57 GH Center Rear Arm Rest Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: 57 GH Center Rear Arm Rest Base

The rear center arm rest base in my 1957 Golden Hawk (Item 2323-24, part no. 308833T on page 327 in the Body Parts catalog) is very rusted and in pretty bad condition. Before I try to repair it by fabricating new sides and welding them to suspect metal I thought I would see if anyone has one to sell. I have looked at the usual vendors without luck. As you can see by the pictures, repair will be a challenge, at least to me.
    Attached Files

Looks like a standard piece common to all or most c/k models of the era. I would guess that there are available units from rust free parts cars...

If a '55 Prez coupe one would work, I may be extricate one as soon as the mud in the back 40 subsides...

Comment

It looks like a 55 President or Champion would work. If you have one GrumpyOne it would save me a ton of work.

Comment

I'm thinking '55-'56 or '57 Hardtop (K) models only on this piece! (or '58 K9!)

Comment

If I'm reading the parts book correctly the same part number for the base is used on a 16G or 6H, K5. I know very little about models other than the 57H - K7 though.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
            If I'm reading the parts book correctly the same part number for the base is used on a 16G or 6H, K5. I know very little about models other than the 57H - K7 though.
            Correct Joe, the models which you listed need to be 'K' body Hardtops (like your '57 Golden Hawk is)...however, you can expand your search to 1956 (K) body Hardtop models also. (Sky Hawk, Golden Hawk)

And the 58L-K9 I mentioned is the '58 Packard Hawk, which also used that same center armrest you're looking for, although '58 Golden Hawks (K body) did not.....Clear as mud??

Comment

Here is one from a '57 Golden Hawk with Original Gold Vinyl on eBay Motors I.D. Number: 302250602797
              Last edited by StudeRich; 03-13-2017, 03:12 PM.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks for the link. I did check eBay for the part but before this was listed. I guess I have to check more often in the future. I have added it to my watch list. Since GrumpyOne said it would be several months until he could look for his, I made a pattern and then cut the bottom 4" off of each side. I have some 20 gauge sheet metal that I will cut using the pattern and spot weld it to the top inch remaining on each side. I will then add the felt padding and install the new cover that came with Rene Harger's interior kit. All of the metal work should be done by this Wednesday giving me plenty of time to bid on the eBay unit if I mess up. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                X